• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need advice on trailer wrap technique

50westgraphics

I finally got it done. I took a few days of hiatus from it and tackled the front; it went on like butter so I got my hopes up that the back would go smooth.

Not so much, but it's done now. That material was so crappy that when I peeled the mask off of it, it made HUGE wrinkles in one spot on the back. Stuff's just too think for something like this.

All in all, it was educational, and I'm glad I did it. I think in the future I'll wrap some trailers, but I'll make sure that I tell them what I want for laminate and I'll design the graphics. I really dislike how they made it not flow from the ends to the sides. The sharp contrast of colors is displeasing. I'll also not wrap any trailers with huge curves like this anymore, only panel trailers. I might get crazy one day and try a vehicle; I think working in small panels would make the job a little easier. (Not sure about hoods/roofs, but that's a different story.)

I appreciate everyone's input and bearing with me as a noob. You guys are very informative and I learn a lot scouring these forums.

-Tommy

xpai.jpg z97f.jpg