• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need advice on trailer wrap technique

ProWraps

Lowen did not print this. However, the vast majority of fleet and vehicle wraps are manufactured using liquid laminate. When applied properly to manufacturer specifications it is as durable and long lasting as a graphic with an overlaminate. It does however require some skill to apply correctly. This is why we only use properly trained and certified installers for our work. Coloradosigns, perhaps you should upgrade your skill set so liquid laminate doesn't present such a challenge for you.

now THAT is funny right there. isnt this the same matt guy from Lowen that would get drunk and make an *** out of himself on here all the time?

anyone remember this GEM of a thread:
http://www.signs101.com/forums/show...le-wraps-coming-from-Ford&p=692817#post692817

yeah i think that pretty much sums it up.. hey matt, you still getting ready for your big "take over" in my market? we are patiently waiting.

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 81

4R Graphics

LowenCertified
I have never installed for you but I have like many here installed lots of wraps and have had the misfortune of installing mailed to me 30 day campaigne fleet graphics that are either liquid lamed or not lamed at all.

I will say it is crap total garbage liquid or no lame wraps are for short term only and SUCK to install and it doesnt take great skills it taks massive patience to work with crap.

I recall the company telling me just stick it on dont worry about wrinkles or bubbles if it looks good from 30 feet at 40 mph were ok with it (but I am not). NON airrelease non laminated busmark on several 24 foot trucks 2 sides bungee cord banner on back totally sucks.

As a new person here you would be wise not to call out people such as you did especially when you know nothing about the person or there skill set.

qmr55

Lowen did not print this. However, the vast majority of fleet and vehicle wraps are manufactured using liquid laminate. When applied properly to manufacturer specifications it is as durable and long lasting as a graphic with an overlaminate. It does however require some skill to apply correctly. This is why we only use properly trained and certified installers for our work. Coloradosigns, perhaps you should upgrade your skill set so liquid laminate doesn't present such a challenge for you.

Hey LowenUncertified, liquid lam is garbage just like your "lowen certified installers" program.

HulkSmash

Also if you want to talk about skill set, Please lets. Your pay and get certified program is laughable. I've redone DOZENS of wraps your certified "team" has done. I've also taken the largest install contract in our area from someone with your silly certification.

Yes I lose bids to lowen. Don't care, enjoy winning your bids at 2.30 a sqft for ij180.

I rather slam my face against concrete then get training from your guys.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Colorado you should look into becoming LohanCertified, way more fun but I hear it is hard to get committed,,,, I mean certified.

wayne k
guam usa

mudmedia

There will be no response after a comment like that.

+6845712835.75 for liquid lam is JUNK. Why cut corners and not do stuff right. Give your customers a quality product that is going to LAST 1 month, 2 month, 5 month, 100 months?

Bly

I think we need CheapVehicleWraps input on this subject... I mean just how much cheaper IS liquid lam??

BALLPARK

Also if you want to talk about skill set, Please lets. Your pay and get certified program is laughable. I've redone DOZENS of wraps your certified "team" has done. I've also taken the largest install contract in our area from someone with your silly certification.

Yes I lose bids to lowen. Don't care, enjoy winning your bids at 2.30 a sqft for ij180.

I rather slam my face against concrete then get training from your guys.

LOL>...... Tell us how you really feel. ;)

Saying that you need to have more skills is like telling Bill Gates that he needs more money. WTF...lol.

50westgraphics

Well that escalated quickly. Haha

I tried peeling the mask and backing off of the other side when I did the top & corners and I think it actually came out worse.

I must agree, while being a novice, that this stuff appears to be crap.

I'm not going to release the name of the company that did the print, but they said if it goes tits-up that they will make it right and reprint it. (Hopefully next time with the right laminate.)

I must say as well that this has been quite discouraging for a first time wrapper, but hey, guess I gotta start somewhere. The guy I'm doing it for called me after I sent him a long winded email about the product he was sent and he said just do the best with what I have and he won't judge. He's never applied any vinyl and was going to do it himself if I didn't, so I can't imagine it would have came out much better. :wink:

HulkSmash

Well that escalated quickly. Haha

I tried peeling the mask and backing off of the other side when I did the top & corners and I think it actually came out worse.

I must agree, while being a novice, that this stuff appears to be crap.

I'm not going to release the name of the company that did the print, but they said if it goes tits-up that they will make it right and reprint it. (Hopefully next time with the right laminate.)

I must say as well that this has been quite discouraging for a first time wrapper, but hey, guess I gotta start somewhere. The guy I'm doing it for called me after I sent him a long winded email about the product he was sent and he said just do the best with what I have and he won't judge. He's never applied any vinyl and was going to do it himself if I didn't, so I can't imagine it would have came out much better. :wink:

I'd say you're in a step in the right direction. And pay no attention to Lowen. They think because they're a "big" company they can try and intimidate the medium and smaller companies. Really just embarrassed himself and his company.