• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Flexi Design Help

captainron19

OK Here is my dilemma.

Using Flexi Sign Pro 7

I have a fire truck design to duplicate from an existing truck. I need the words 8287 with the word UTILITY going across (See photos below of what I ave done so far and what I need to accomplish).

I have the numbers in place already by creating an outline around each, then block shadow - after that I welded the two effects. Now I need to accomplish the word "UTILITY" across the numbers just like it is in the below graphic with the word "ENGINE" The word "UTILITY" will be done in Gold Reflective with an even black outline around it.

Any tips on my next step and am I on the right track so far?

This is my most complicated cut so far as in the past it has only been simple designs with outlining so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Done.jpg
    Done.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Need.jpg
    Need.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 137

resqfiremedic

Looks good to me. Now just take Utility, outline it, rotate it to the angle you need, seperate outline, change cutout options to keep cutout. Now just select your white numbers and black outline of word, then apply cutout, weld letter outline to number outline and you have it!! You may have to push outline to the back after you weld, cant remember if it brings it forward.

TresL

Something along these lines, but with the correct font?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 94

captainron19

Yup - I think I got it now - just had trouble with the word UTILITY I didnt realize I had to weld that to the first shadow and perform a cut out with the white letters but it looks like I have it now

Attachments

• 8287-1.jpg
    8287-1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 118

iSign

closer, but resqfiremedic steered you wrong on just one step... DON'T rotate "UTILITY" ... you need to distort it with a tool like the one Illustrator calls the shear tool. See how in "ENGINE"... the vertical strokes are still vertical? I can't say the original design is anything great, but if they want it matched... you might as well match it right.

captainron19

Thank Doug - I never noticed the Word "ENGINE" still had that attribute - I was able to Shear it in Flexi to get the result below.

Attachments

• 8287-1.jpg
    8287-1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

iSign

hey Ron...

...the edit button is down in the corner next to the quote button (for a limited time only)

oh, your welcome by the way... nice job!

Last edited:
K

kevco

The sheer function in flexi is actually under the rotate function and not the distort functions. At least on 6.5 pro:thumb: