• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help editing process color in Omega

threeputt

Can anyone explain the steps necessary to permanently edit certain process colors in Omega 2.6?

I want to be able to select from the pallette a Black for example, but have that Black be automatically 35-35-35-100 in the CMYK model. (rather than the standard 0-0-0-100)

I've poked around in the Help menu but can't seem to locate the "how to" for this very thing. (not trying to edit Spot Colors, Spectratone colors, or the Vinyl pallette)

Very much appreciate any help.

Bob Gilliland

Not a complete answer, but possible work around?

I’m not so sure palettes can be permanently modified by end users inside Omega. What you may want to do is create a “template” document that has modified values in it, then Import ([F10]) that template and use the Job Palette to drag and drop these “permanent ” color swatches to you object. I’ll attempt a better explanation of this a bit later.

For reference, in case you aren’t already aware, is the procedure to change CMYK values of process colors.

• From within the Assign Colors dialog box [1]
  • Change Color Type to Process [ALT]+[R] (located about half way down right side of dialog box)
  • Ensure palette is Gerber Process Colors (located directly above Color Type)
  • If not done already, Fill Type Solid [ALT]+ (located top left of dialog box)

[*]Under the Color section, select Edit, or [ALT]+[E]

[*]Enter desired CMYK values

[*]Press OK once, or press [ENTER]

[*]Press OK (or Apply, then OK)

[*]Done

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i don't have composer at home so i'm going off memory here...but i know you can create new vinyl palettes....so maybe you can create new foil palettes.....if not, mention it to Tony Teveris...maybe they can put it in the new 3.0 build....

Browner

I don't think you can EDIT the palettes given to us from the factory. You could, however, just make your own:

PALman (Palette Manager)

Instructions from GSPComposer Help:

To create a new palette

1 Click Start > Programs > GSP OMEGA > PALman to open the Color Management dialog box.

2 Choose a color profile from the Gerber Imaging Device Profile drop-down list.

3 Click OK. A prompt appears on screen.

4 Click Yes to open the New Palettes Properties dialog box.

5 Choose either Vinyl or Process in the Palette type group box. You can only create a new vinyl or process palette.

6 Click OK to open the Palette Manager dialog box.

7 Use the scroll arrows next to the RGB or CMYK values to create a color. The color appears in the preview box.

8 Type the name of the new color in the Name text box.

9 Click Edit > Add.

10 To rearrange the order of colors in the palette, click a color and drag it to a new location in the list.

11 Continue with steps 4 through 7 until your palette is complete.

Attachments

• threeputtblack.jpg
    threeputtblack.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 150

GB2

Old Member
While we are addressing palette issues here...does anyone know how to re-arrange the palettes other than manually placing them as described above? I could swear I saw once where you could put your palettes in alphabetical order or some other order.

Browner

While we are addressing palette issues here...does anyone know how to re-arrange the palettes other than manually placing them as described above? I could swear I saw once where you could put your palettes in alphabetical order or some other order.

Again, in the palette manager. When you open a palette, you can right click on the palette colors, and it gives you the options:
Sort by RGB
Sort by name
Sort by last saved order
Sort by foil type

threeputt

Chris, that works! I'll have to laboriously convert all the colors I use to my favorites and name them, but I tried the idea out with the Rich Black I was trying to create and it worked GREAT!

So thank you very much.

Also, Bob, looked at your method also. It'd be a little more cumbersome, but you're right, it's be a work-around method. Thanks for taking the time with your detailed explanation.

Thanks all.

Tony Teveris

Chris gets the cigar. I saw this last night but I've been busy all day with Omega 3.0 and desided to answer. You can add or delete colors from the palette using PalMan but you can NOT or should not save over the factory file. I would also give the palette a different "title" name if you do this. We don't allow Spots because those colors are all connected to the Edge firing database and your entries would not be there and cause a bunch of problems

Again thanks Chris and sorry I jumped in so late but I do think you will love some of the new features in 3.0. I will post when we are about to release in mid Jan if we get all the translations done in time.

Tony Teveris

Also for rearranging a palette you can do as Chris stated but you can also click and drag the colors within Composer and the next time you load they should be in that order.