• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Reinstalling Caldera

billsines

I made the massive mistake of updating my Mac OS.

Long story short, had some hiccups downgrading to previous OS. Now I have to reinstall Caldera from the USB.

I have the dongle, no problem there.

When I go to reinstall, it hangs up. Seems it needs XQuartz.

I have downloaded several releases of XQuartz but still cannot reinstall Caldera.

So I have Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6, Caldera V10.1. Can anyone help me with which XQuartz version to use?

netsol

Assuming you have all your software, why don't you simply back EVERYTHING UP, wipe the mac
And reinstall EVERYTHING. My mac clients always tell me these issues are what happens with pc's &
Mac users don't have this type of issue, but, it's just luck of the draw. You were just unlucky, bite the bullet and reinstall. You will be done much quicker & have full use of your software

billsines

Assuming you have all your software, why don't you simply back EVERYTHING UP, wipe the mac
And reinstall EVERYTHING. My mac clients always tell me these issues are what happens with pc's &
Mac users don't have this type of issue, but, it's just luck of the draw. You were just unlucky, bite the bullet and reinstall. You will be done much quicker & have full use of your software
Thanks for the reply. I did that. I have all the software, the usb drive, the dongle, the software keys. The USB drive has been sitting in the box for years. But when I go to install it, it just simply does not work. It gets hung up. So Stratojet has sent me the download for Caldera 11, which worked, but now it says I don't have the keys for that version. So i'm setting up a Teamviewer session with those guys. Hopefully I can get it to work today. Thanks for your help.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you have license for V10, you can't activate it for V11........
Time to spend a little $$$ and upgrade to current version?