• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with a Falcon Outdoor...Please:)

sghobbies

We recently replaced our maintenance station on our Falcon Outdoor. Since then, before we print, we have to use a syringe and pull ink through the waste lines because it appears that the heads are dry. This only works temporarily unless we are printing all day. Come in the next morning, and we have to start the process all over. Also, even after the syringe, our nozzle check shows a substantial amount of lines in it. I don't remember it ever being as bad as it is now. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• SyringeBeforeAfter2.jpg
    SyringeBeforeAfter2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 68

randya

where are you pulling the syringe?
at the waste bottle?

Have you done a head soak to try and recover more nozzles?

gbarker

Sounds like your pumps are not working, you are loosing the seal around the head, or a seal in the suction side is leaking . Easiest thing would be to replace the pumps since you have already replaced the maintenance station. They Mutoh pumps have a tendency to eat at the hoses going through. If you are handy you can replace the hoses going through with solvent gas line from a hobby store. You will need to make sure you have the correct size though.

sghobbies

I hope it is not the pump, it is brand new. I am leaning towards the "sealing" issue. There doesn't seem to be much adjustment to the new capping station, everything lined right up. Is there some other adjustment I can make to help with sealing the print heads to the capping station?

sghobbies

Yup, twice just to make sure. But I got a weird reading of 65..xxx and the manual said it would read between 63 and 64 I believe.

sghobbies

Is there another way to do this besides resetting the home position? Sorry if I sound frustrated, but I guess I am a little. I have reset the home position according to the Mutoh manual twice now. Could I be doing something wrong? I did get a reading that was unusual compared to what the Mutoh manual said it would read.

sghobbies

I decided not to turn my printer off for the night, which I usually do, and everything seems to be fine now. Is it possible that I only lose vacuum when the machine is off?

artbot

sorry if this has been addressed or doesn't even apply to the issue. i breezed through the thread. if your head height it too high, it will lightly contact the caps. thus, giving you weak vacuum.