• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with Roland!!

fastafdesigns

So to update. Roland has yet to fix our issue going on a week down time. They came out and change the servo board cutting strip and new blades. Does the exact same thing uneven downforce cant cut to save its life. Don't know where to go from here but at this point I want to send it back instead of this back and forth crap. I think Rolands goal is to put us out of business for buying their printer. Sorry for the rant. Thanks for all the advice I have received.

SGS Graphics

Roland can’t cut right and their tech can’t make them any better lol. Get a refund send it back. Buy a separate printer and cutter :)

fastafdesigns

Roland can’t cut right and their tech can’t make them any better lol. Get a refund send it back. Buy a separate printer and cutter :)
Right on. That's what I'm in the process of doing. They just suck completely. I have a ton of work to get out and can't get anything done because of Roland.

SGS Graphics

I don’t see how a company as big as Roland and who has been around as long as them can’t get it right. They newer the machine the worse quality gets as they try to cut costs and maximise profit. I’d be surprised if they are still around in 10 years time unless they change their business model. Our machine was 27k gbp when new and it can’t cut right while our 1k Graphtec can cut perfectly at 9 years old. Our new Summa is the best thing I’ve bought and has made our job so much easier

fastafdesigns

I don’t see how a company as big as Roland and who has been around as long as them can’t get it right. They newer the machine the worse quality gets as they try to cut costs and maximise profit. I’d be surprised if they are still around in 10 years time unless they change their business model. Our machine was 27k gbp when new and it can’t cut right while our 1k Graphtec can cut perfectly at 9 years old. Our new Summa is the best thing I’ve bought and has made our job so much easier
At this point I hope they do so no one else has to go through this problem.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Did they do this when they were there? It would appear that the cutter solenoid has not been tested through the calibration process. The pressure is calibrated at both the low end and the high end force settings. In my case, the high end was ok, but on the low end, the cutter wasn't consistently staying down. This is really the only way to test the cutter solenoid accurately.
Did the techs do the force adjustment calibrations for the cutter? This requires a special dummy tool that replaces the blade holder and 2 different force gauges with 2 different ranges. I had a similar issue with a VG and I determined there was an issue while performing this calibration. I determined the cutter solenoid mechanism was failing, replaced it, and it has been working fine since then.

fastafdesigns

Did they do this when they were there? It would appear that the cutter solenoid has not been tested through the calibration process. The pressure is calibrated at both the low end and the high end force settings. In my case, the high end was ok, but on the low end, the cutter wasn't consistently staying down. This is really the only way to test the cutter solenoid accurately.
No they didn't. Roland has since just replaced my machine with a new one and reinstalled versaworks. Now everything is working fine at the moment. They couldn't even get the other one to cut right themselves. I am glad I finally got help after 4 months of complaining.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Glad you're up and running. I'm always disappointed when I hear about techs not being knowledgeable and/or not doing thorough troubleshooting and the customer suffers because of it. Especially when a simple calibration procedure might expose the problem.

fine point

Hi. We have VG2 for 1.5 year and we have no issues with our machine. I agree the contour cutting is not as accurate as cutters like graphtec but not anything like you are experiencing. I am very sorry to hear that and I’m curious to see if you found the culprit.
please keep us posted

Alpha Star

Roland cutters are great, and so are Summa. Neither are good for print and cut. So yeah, get a separate cutter, but doesn't have to be Summa.

fastafdesigns

Roland cutters are great, and so are Summa. Neither are good for print and cut. So yeah, get a separate cutter, but doesn't have to be
Hi. We have VG2 for 1.5 year and we have no issues with our machine. I agree the contour cutting is not as accurate as cutters like graphtec but not anything like you are experiencing. I am very sorry to hear that and I’m curious to see if you found the culprit.
please keep us posted
The only thing they have figured out is that versaworks was sending a corrupt file show perforated cut at certain points. But they still are not sure. They currently have our machine at their office trying to diagnose what went wrong. But the new machine is working great no problems.