• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need real world feedback of the HP W800

ikarasu

If you know the code, which is for service only, you can "remote desktop" to the printer and control it.
It's not the same code as the service menu code on the printer is it?

I tried and it didn't work .. maybe I fat fingered it though. I'll have to try again after the long weekend!

ikarasu

Couldn't wait so I tried.

The service code doesn't allow me to remote in... Unless the username is something special. Tried the code, admin, administrator... I give up.

I'll bug my service rep for it, he emailed.me.the service pin without me even asking for it so I doubt he'd mind.

It's dumb that hp does this anyways... They gave the code for the 3/5xx out themselves for head warranty... I get they don't want people to mess with settings and break their printer... But just throw up a warning or something.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's not the same code as the service menu code on the printer is it?

I tried and it didn't work .. maybe I fat fingered it though. I'll have to try again after the long weekend!
Nope nope, it's a different code completely only used for remote control.
Which also has to be activated in the web server first and only then it will accept connections.