• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need real world feedback of the HP W800

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah you should have at least one set of printheads and cleaning cartridge always on your shelf for the bad&busy days.
They wear and if you use the machine the amount it should be used you will replace them in 6 months anyways.

Simon Peach

Speaking with our reseller, it sounds like there should have been a spare set delivered with the machine, was this the case for everyone else?

JohnvdH

We already have the 800W almost a year now. Same story on every latex printer from 260, 360 uptill now differences in panel lengths wallpaper, from 0,3mm - 0,8 mm. We tried everything; Omas on of other profiles, new firmware. Result 0, still same issues. Is there anybody with THE SOLUTION for this problem?

Simon Peach

Quite a few of the bugs in our have been irons out now.

re. Wallpapers, we was advised to submit in tiles in batches of 2 to 3 to alleviate the stepping out.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
We already have the 800W almost a year now. Same story on every latex printer from 260, 360 uptill now differences in panel lengths wallpaper, from 0,3mm - 0,8 mm. We tried everything; Omas on of other profiles, new firmware. Result 0, still same issues. Is there anybody with THE SOLUTION for this problem?
You have changed the take-up to work as "Do not apply tension"?
Anyway it sounds like you are inside spec. Lets say wallpaper is 3m long, it could be off 1.5mm and be in spec. Tiling length repeatability: +/-0.5mm/m

1642762326895.png

balstestrat

Problem Solver
We can't use this option because the wallpaper we use is to stiff
and will come to the curing system.
Then what have you set it to? I would select "Always apply tension" and aim for as low as possible tension value.
You must understand you have material limitations and the heat, it will never be 0.0 accuracy.

JohnvdH

It keeps it loose all the time but still collects on the roll.
For us it
Then what have you set it to? I would select "Always apply tension" and aim for as low as possible tension value.
You must understand you have material limitations and the heat, it will never be 0.0 accuracy.
We use: Allways tension, 6 Nm input tension, output tension 25 Nm, curing temperature 90 degrees. Wallpaper Desardi.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well you have a fuckton of output tension. Is that material really so rigid it needs that much?
Btw to keep the balance between input and output, you should have a little more input tension. I would put at least 15.

JohnvdH

Well you have a ****ton of output tension. Is that material really so rigid it needs that much?
Btw to keep the balance between input and output, you should have a little more input tension. I would put at least 15.
thanks! we'll try these options.

Mike Perth

Hi John, We gave up on heavyweight wallpapers as could never get them to print well on our 800w. We’ve got non woven dialed in now and we’re running in a sweet spot where all our WPs are perfect in length. With heavyweight substrates we always had length issues and the media appeared to buckle and distort too.

JohnvdH

Hi John, We gave up on heavyweight wallpapers as could never get them to print well on our 800w. We’ve got non woven dialed in now and we’re running in a sweet spot where all our WPs are perfect in length. With heavyweight substrates we always had length issues and the media appeared to buckle and distort too.
Thanks Mike, we'll consider this as we still have the same issues and it's even getting worse. The technician can't solve it. So we now go to higher level. Calling HP. But I think when they know the solution they already did an upgrade, so I am not so hopeful...