• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Small outdoor Printer/Cutter for hardhats

ActualGrafix

ok guys i need your help. I am on the road constantly for my job (im an engineer) and i need a Print/Cut solution that is mobile, i.e. UNDER 24". I get tons of requests for hardhat stickers but i have no portable equipment. I have a large cutter at home that i do vinyl graphics in my spare time. I have looked for a few days :banghead: and i cant seem to find anything. This is what im looking for . . .

Printer/Cutter in one unit
Under 24" wide to as little as 6" wide
Outdoor/indoor prints
Ability to print on vinyl
keep in mind this will be used mostly for hardhats and other small graphics.

What are my options?
Thanks for all your help guys. :thankyou:
Brian

Mikew

I seem to remember that Mimaki recently came out with a 24" and up print and cut machine. I couldn't find it on their website so perhaps someone else can confirm that.

Rodi

How about a Gerber Edge? It is not a true 2 in one, but it would fit your size. Sounds like it would fit the bill.

used Roland print and cuts…

Sign Works

How about a Gerber Edge? It is not a true 2 in one, but it would fit your size. Sounds like it would fit the bill.

used Roland print and cuts…

A Gerber Edge? I guess that would depend on your definition of mobile, the printer, the cutter and a selection of foils would take up quite a bit of room in a mobile situation not to mention the investement, 25 K to make hard hat decals, gonna have to make a heck of a lot of decals to even break even. A Roland PC-12 would be a cost effective solution (IMO)

OK I just cought something, since when does an individual with an enigineer's salary need to make stickers to supplement their income?
So easy an engineer can do it. LOL

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
An Edge would be a bad idea due to the need to protect the print head during transport.

The logical solution is to show and sell on location and then print and cut in a fixed location and ship to customer.

ActualGrafix

lol funny funny signworks. I usually only work 40 hrs a weeks and dont do crap on the weekends. I dont NEED the money but i like doing graphics and since i have to be away from home i might as well be making money. By the way, i want to keep this print/cut investment under $3000. Surely there is a company that makes a small solution for things like this? i am googleing all your helpful responses.

S

SignTech

By the way, i want to keep this print/cut investment under $3000. Surely there is a company that makes a small solution for things like this? i am googleing all your helpful responses.

UV outdoor print and cut all in one solution for under $3000.00 under 24" so you can make stickers. Good luck! :thumb:

Keep us non engineer people updated. lol ;)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
By the way, i want to keep this print/cut investment under $3000. Surely there is a company that makes a small solution for things like this? i am googleing all your helpful responses.

• It doesn't exist except in the used and antiquated market.
  • It isn't a technology that lends itself to portability.
  • The software alone will consume most or all of your budget.

ActualGrafix

AKWD

You might be able to get away with a Xerox Phaser and laminate it on-site. As for cutting, I don't know where you could find one less than 24" with registration. Maybe I'll look around for ya... Only downfall is powercycling a Phaser wastes ink, though a lot less now than earlier models.

Edit: Doh. See the above-noted Robo. :D

Edit #2: Ignore my message. I'm tired and didn't read the combo part.

signage

I saw in on of the latest trade magazine about a new HP that is small. Don't know what model or what the cost is!