• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some CNC help kind of a newbie!!

heyskull

I started in the early 80's working in a sign shop and I was in the engraving and routing part of the business.
We had a vast array of equipment and the boss was absolute nuts on keeping up with the latest technology. I was running 2 computerised engravers and a large cnc routing machine plus a manual pantograph engraver.
I have moved on a bit since then and was recently dabblng with the idea of getting back to my roots!!!!
I saw this item on UK ebay and I wodered:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310218951663&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Anyone have any thoughts on it?
It has been sooooo long since I operated anyhing like it.
I was thinking making model parts, maybe some acrylic letters for signs and engraving a little slate and marble!

SC

J Hill Designs

kinda the cricut of CNC routers, but it should do what you need - looks like the software supplied is linux based, so you will need linux or other software, and it doesn't have a router...

Techman

the first thing you will do is cry because almost all of your work will be in the 4x4 range.

You can build one for that amount they post on that machine..

Techman

the fist step you take is learning about how it works. Stepper motors , servo motors etc.

Then you look around for the various plans that abound. You can buy plans to build one in your garage. But remember, you will need much more than a cnc machine. The auxillary machines are necessary.

Even that little machine on ebay will need a dust collector of some kind. The dust problem is not to be underestimated.