• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to know the How To's...

gcljlamb

Hey all you CS2 people,

The client I'm working for is celebrating 20 years in business. They want me to come up with a simple icon incorporating their logo and the 20 years thing. I'm not looking for ideas on what to make. What I need to know is the components and programs I'll need to use to do what I want to do.

I'm after a silver/platinum-looking oval with the logo embossed(?) into it along with the words 20th Anniversary. I want it to look SHARP and as real as possible; as though it had been embossed or engraved. What sort of effects in which program(s) will I need to make it work and what processes will I need to tell the program to go through?

Also, are there templates for this on the Adobe site or elsewhere? I looked at one of the fills on Photoshop and it's close but looks chrome.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

George

ChiknNutz

The AlienSkin plug-ins have some very real looking chrome bevel effects. In fact, many of the plug-ins use real photos for the reflection maps, and you can load your own if you want too.

Here is one example.

Attachments

• Chrome1.jpg
    Chrome1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 155

ChiknNutz

If you are using Photoshop specifically, all the effects are in layers, so you can alter them at will to produce a variety of effects.

gcljlamb

Grey #5959595??????

Shovelhead or anyone else,

Where do I find and enter these color numbers like the tutorial mentions?
Obviously, I'm missing something (no big surprise)

Thanks,

George

Techman

u enter them into the color pallet.

This is the problem with so many PSD tutorials. They leave out so much of the details.. Noobs simply cannot follow them at all let alone someone who has some experience..
I have the Photoshop Channels Book. This one has a step by step lead through of techniques. Nothing is left out so even the beginner can follow along. I purchased this one after seeing a trial PDF somewhere.

gcljlamb

Tech,

You're right. I've gone through that tutorial more times than I care to admit, to no end. There're plainly parts missing or something. I guess it's one thing if the assumption is made that people doing the tutorial have a particular grasp of the software, but for those of us like myself, the little how-to's most take for granted are not obvious.

But, I will keep trying. I taught myself the vast majority of Flexi sight unseen, I'm not letting PS kick my butt!

Thanks for your input,

George