• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to manipulate a PDF in illy

Angela

Hello,
I need to manipulate a PDF in illy. I have placed it, flattened it, rasterized it, and to no avail. Is what I need to do even possible? Any feedback is appericiated.

HaroldDesign

Sounds like the elements were flattened prior to it getting to you. If in outline mode you don't see any vector elements, you have nothing to work with.

jc1cell

If the PDF is originally from a pixel file you will not be able to do any editing in Illustrator. Play around with it in Photoshop if its only text you will be changin.

jc

GoodPeopleFlags

If it is a vector file, when you click "Place" and it wants to know which file to place, in the bottom left corner there are 2 boxes: Link and Template. Make sure Link is checked and not template.

After you find the file, a Place PDF window pops up. I like "Art" for the Crop To option. Maybe mess around with that.