• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Needed - Flat Bed Printing on MDO

rdm01

Hello,
I have ten full panels and some miscellaneous smaller pieces (10) that I need printed directly to MDO. I do not currently have a vendor that can do this. Is anyone willing to take this project on?
Ryan

Typestries

We print a lot of MDO, but freight cost might be tough to make it work with you on the opposite coast. If you want to send the specs to me at rick@typestries.com we can quote you no problem.

thx
Rick

HulkSmash

Hello,
I have ten full panels and some miscellaneous smaller pieces (10) that I need printed directly to MDO. I do not currently have a vendor that can do this. Is anyone willing to take this project on?
Ryan

If you're in Oregon, look up Forge INC. They're local

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Unless cost is a factor, why not just print to vinyl and apply with a big squeegee ??

Almost all MDO is gonna be cupped and that makes it impossible for most hybrid flatbeds to print to it. Only a true flatbed can print to it and that will hike your costs up a little.

Food for thought.

ForgeInc

I actually almost replied to this thread.

We have the machines to do it for sure, but as Gino said, we are very gunshy about printing MDO. Unless it'd dead flat it runs the risk of hitting a printhead. Even if the boards are flat, with all the glue in that material, etc there is a risk that the board could warp or cup when it goes through the press due to the UV lamps.

If you are in portland shoot me a PM and I can give you some other options to contact. If you need to ship the boards though, seems like freight would kill your budget?