• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Needing 54" Plotter - which one? new? used?

MarkH42

We have a Mimaki JV3-160SP that we bought used a couple of years ago, but our largest plotter only cuts 24" wide. So, we are in the market for a 54" plotter. I have had good luck with used equipment in the past and would prefer to go that route, but I can't find many used plotters and the ones I do find are too far away to go get on my own. I'm looking on craigslist and ebay, but might there be a used equipment site I'm not aware of? If I buy new, I plan to get a Graphtec FC8000-130.

Any suggestions on where to find used equipment or guidance on a better new machine than the Graphtec?

TresL

I would search Graphtec issues on here before purchase.... Then search Summa.
Just saying.

tomence

You can get Summa Summacut directly from them, and it is way better cutter than Graphtec and Roland.

FatCat

Another happy Summa owner here - D-140. Been very happy with this machine and I can vouch for the accuracy of their OPOS system doing contour cuts off our printer. Also, the two times I needed help their customer service was top notch and had me back up and running within minutes. (Real live person, not somebody in a call center overseas.)

Just sayin...

ChicagoGraphics

If you have a Mimaki JV3 160sp you might want to get at least the 64 inch cutter you will see later on you will need that extra 10 inches of cutting space.

For used equipment try Global garage, they mainly sell printers but I have been seeing cutter/plotters out there now.