• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

needing to locate, and re-install profiles to output from Flexi to L25500

iSign

well, if it's not one thing... it's two :omg:

after dealing (& posting about) printer nightmares, followed by an unexplained & irretrievable crash of Flexi last month...

This past week, I had a partial CPU failure, resulting in a machine that will only stay on in safe mode.
(I consider it dead, but it is still on-line for any data I may need to extricate before burial)

At this point, I have flexi reinstalled on another machine, & now have it talking to my printer, but since I thankfully don't deal with re-installs that much, I haven't memorized how I acquired my 3651 profile, & my IJ180 profile.

Can anyone here help direct me to where I might locate those profiles, as well as how to install them?

thanks in advance

iSign

by the way, I just want to give another shout out to Paul Wagner (Castek Resources) for not only helping me with some connectivity issues for over an hour on the phone the other day, but also taking my call this morning while on the road, and then getting back to the office to look into resolving this latest challenge for me.

I'll post the contents of his email here, because it may help others, may help me to come back here in the future, and to also spare anyone else redoing the work of figuring this out or writing it out for me.

I'll also post back a follow up once I've done this:

I was able to go out to the OraJet (Oracal) web site, and the good news is that they appear to have really good support for the HP L25500 printer with FlexiSIGN. I looked at the Orajet 3651 and they appear to have a media profile for your combination of print environment, as follows:

printer = HP L25500
RIP Software = SAi FlexiSIGN / PhotoPrint 8.x
Inkset = 789 series (OEM HP ink)

I did not look at every media option out there, but they seem to have a lot of support for the L25500, so that helps greatly. Here is a link to the OraJet page where the media profiles are located:

http://www.orafol.com/gp/americas/en/icc-profiles

You’ll want to download the desired media profiles (see attached image for what to enter into the fields), unzip them and install them into Production Manager. Use the included PDF file as it contains instructions on how to do this.

Note that the profiles are zipped up, and I downloaded the one for the 3651 and I found out that it included a PDF with instructions on how to install it into Production Manager. As I recalled, the necessary file to get the complete package is a PTF file, and that is included inside of the zipped archive that is downloaded from the site.

I have also attached a screen shot of the settings that you would replicate on your end to get the proper media profiles.
regards,

Paul Wagner

(I may attach the screenshot later, but right now I want to get back to business)

dypinc

well, if it's not one thing... it's two :omg:

after dealing (& posting about) printer nightmares, followed by an unexplained & irretrievable crash of Flexi last month...

This past week, I had a partial CPU failure, resulting in a machine that will only stay on in safe mode.
(I consider it dead, but it is still on-line for any data I may need to extricate before burial)

At this point, I have flexi reinstalled on another machine, & now have it talking to my printer, but since I thankfully don't deal with re-installs that much, I haven't memorized how I acquired my 3651 profile, & my IJ180 profile.

Can anyone here help direct me to where I might locate those profiles, as well as how to install them?

thanks in advance

A CPU failure means you hard drive should in tacked and you should be able to copy your flexi color management files off of it.