• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Never done that in all my years......................................

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Haha.... I thought your call letters stood for LARGE FX, not Little Rock Graphics. :Big Laugh

You know, that wouldn't be a bad re-brand considering I have accepted a position in Florida and will be moving in the near future.

TheSnowman

When I was new in the business, I went over to see a sign guy that had taken me under his wing.

He had a 3' x 10' aluminum framed sign hanging in the back of the shop.
When I remarked about it, he said is was a mistake.
The customer wanted a 3" x 10" engraved sign.

Funny how some things you never forget

I do work with a local engraving company and have to laugh at how many times we've carried on total conversations where he's talking about inches and I'm talking feet. I bet it's happened 3X and we didn't clarify until we were giving them the proof.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I finished a D/F 3'x4' sign, two color vinyl plus reflective vinyl on top. I had gotten some small bubbles so I laid the sign on the roof of my dad's car to let the sun get the bubbles out. I forgot all about it, and he drove off. Couldn't find the sign, so I made another and got the job done. 2 weeks go by and woman brings the sign to us saying it was in her field and she assumed we had produced the sign. The sign survived, with barely a scratch, so the customer ended up with two signs for the price of one.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just for Igloo...........................

Well, the sign went up this morning. Everyone's happy and we were in and out in about 25 minutes. It took longer to carry everything in and back out, then actually mounting the sign.

Are ya happy igloo ??

attachment.php

Attachments

• metro done.jpg
    metro done.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 129

Jwalk

My first blunder was getting vinyl stencil cut to the wrong size twice. Because I goofed on inches in decimals to real fraction size. I only work I'm cm now.

Second different job I ordered a sky jack that was to short.

Both I felt real stupid.

0igo

it looks damn amazing, please don't "misplace" such a large board like that next time. have a good Sabbath Gina.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, you really wanna get your point across, huh ?? Twice...........

See, thing is, I did it right the first time...... I just lost the frickin' sign. :doh:

GypsyGraphics

Wow, you really wanna get your point across, huh ?? Twice...........

See, thing is, I did it right the first time...... I just lost the frickin' sign. :doh:

(second post was a glitch)

it did really apply when you said it either, guess you forgot.

although, that's a pretty big sign to lose, and if it flew off the top of your car or truck, certainly could have been a problem for other drivers..... or.... some one got themselves a cool sign for free. so all ends well.

0igo

just notice that this isnt the 3x10 board you lost this looks about a 2-2.5 x 10ft board. liar.

Brandon708

I do work with a local engraving company and have to laugh at how many times we've carried on total conversations where he's talking about inches and I'm talking feet. I bet it's happened 3X and we didn't clarify until we were giving them the proof.

I once ordered (4) 5"x30" printed 13oz black banners with no hems or grommets that said " Now Open" to cover text on an existing banners. They sent me (4) 5 FOOT X 30 FOOT BANNERS. :omg:

2B

This has happened more times than I care to count.

We have changed to where ALL measurements are referenced as inches regardless of the size