• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New 4x8 sign

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't get you. How do you know that i did not tell him that it didn't look good?? On the other hand how is it that you give a thumbs up right after i post a picture and now your telling me that my work is garbage. oh and now im a backyard hack? Im not gonna turn down a job b/c the customer has a bad logo or bad fonts. You are right i am no sigh professional.. I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE... But it seams to me like for some reason you have something against me. Guess i apparently am one of those people you ***** about huh? I guess if i have to be one of those people then so be it..

I did not post up the picture for your opinion. I did it b/c it was requested. If i would have wanted to know what you thought i would have asked you directly.

This is the problem with forums now days. Everyone is a god at the trade and no one is ever going to be as good as them.. Let me guess you have been perfect since the first piece of vinyl that you laid on a board?

Oh and these pieces of crap that i charged them more and they didn't have much money to spare.. Well little side not. I didn't charge him for it and yes you don't see my name on it anywhere do you... Didn't think so..
I did not charge b/c yes he is a friend and i was helping him out. A very close friend. He wanted what he got and is VERY VERY happy with it.

So not sure how or why you feel the need to give props and a couple message later tell a person they they are hack jobs and turn out crap. But whatever you feel that you need to do..

I gladly take criticism as i did above. You have to learn somehow but come one man show yourself out of this thread. Not sure why you have to keep posting. Your help as there never was any from you other than downgrading is not needed.... Say what you want i cannot stop you..

You really want this thing sugar-coated, huh ?? Aint gonna happen.

Are you that dense ?? You've been around here for 3 years and you turn out that ?? And for the record, I have nothing against you, except you need help and don't recognize it. Seriously, you don't or you would never have put those up for the guy.... friend or no friend. I'm trying to be your friend right now, but you don't like the truth, so you run your mouth off and hope something sticks.

I really could give a rat's butt why or how or even what you got paid for these signs. I ain't giving you advice, so don't feel I'm critiquing that mess for you. I'm simply stating fact.

How do you expect to get any better, if you can't take discussions of you and your abilities ??

Not only are you afraid to face the truth, but now you know everything about forums and how they work and what's wrong with them. You know all about people and their backgrounds and beginnings. You know how everything operates, but you can't design worth a sh!t. You can't discuss parameters with a customer. You don't know good from bad in your own profession. That's the only thing for sure here.

Your last two paragraphs are just run on sentences and don't make any sense, but suffice it to say, I don't need to post my stuff. I didn't ask the questions..... you did.

If I need help, I post accordingly and use all the information good, bad and in between, but it all gets processed and I move on.

You should keep posting your work, especially before you actually go through with it. You'll learn a lot from the many talented designers, layout artists and combined..... they'll help you to improve your lacking skills.

Like said, that is not the worst sign I've ever seen either, but it could've used a few minor tweaks. Had you gotten some advice and put it to good use... you could've saved it and made a nice presentation for your friend. No matter how much someone likes something, that doesn't make it right. I know plenty of parents that love some of the ugliest pets and will kiss them and swop spit with them, but that still doesn't make it right. Ha, you thought I was gonna say ugly kids...... huh ??

altereddezignz

You really want this thing sugar-coated, huh ?? Aint gonna happen.

Are you that dense ?? You've been around here for 3 years and you turn out that ?? And for the record, I have nothing against you, except you need help and don't recognize it. Seriously, you don't or you would never have put those up for the guy.... friend or no friend. I'm trying to be your friend right now, but you don't like the truth, so you run your mouth off and hope something sticks.

I really could give a rat's butt why or how or even what you got paid for these signs. I ain't giving you advice, so don't feel I'm critiquing that mess for you. I'm simply stating fact.

How do you expect to get any better, if you can't take discussions of you and your abilities ??

Not only are you afraid to face the truth, but now you know everything about forums and how they work and what's wrong with them. You know all about people and their backgrounds and beginnings. You know how everything operates, but you can't design worth a sh!t. You can't discuss parameters with a customer. You don't know good from bad in your own profession. That's the only thing for sure here.

Your last two paragraphs are just run on sentences and don't make any sense, but suffice it to say, I don't need to post my stuff. I didn't ask the questions..... you did.

If I need help, I post accordingly and use all the information good, bad and in between, but it all gets processed and I move on.

You should keep posting your work, especially before you actually go through with it. You'll learn a lot from the many talented designers, layout artists and combined..... they'll help you to improve your lacking skills.

Like said, that is not the worst sign I've ever seen either, but it could've used a few minor tweaks. Had you gotten some advice and put it to good use... you could've saved it and made a nice presentation for your friend. No matter how much someone likes something, that doesn't make it right. I know plenty of parents that love some of the ugliest pets and will kiss them and swop spit with them, but that still doesn't make it right. Ha, you thought I was gonna say ugly kids...... huh ??

I didnt turn down any criticism at all? I even stated above that i took what everyone was saying.. Not one if you read did i ever say that i didnt need help or was the best at what i do. not sure where you came up with that at.

Your right i didnt take any advice you gave me b/c well simply put the is no need in degrading someone just to tell them how to fix something. You are right i did post here b/c i needed help. No reason to disagree with that. If i did not need the help i would not have asked...

I never asked anyone to sugar coat anything or not to tell me the truth those are your words not mine..

Simply but there are better ways to tell someone that they need to improve their work rather than telling them that their stuff is junk and they are nothing more than a backyard
hack...

This isnt getting anyone anywhere other than adding to you already huge post amounts in this forum...

Please read back through what i posted above tho before you post back again. Make sure that i actually said what your accusing me of please.

Again ill say it one more time.

Thanks everyone that did help. Information noted and i am sure ill have more questions in the future.