• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New 4x8 sign

Pat Whatley

Well dang, so much for that. Glad I deleted the part where i used Bing streetview, scrolled down the street and looked at billboards to find current events, cross referenced those with other events to figure out the approximate date (including looking up McRib availability in 2011).

At least my mistake gave me something to do for two hours.

:ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahhhh yes, tis a new day so we may forget all of our blunders from yesterday and move onward..........

HillHouseGraphics

I agree with 401.... Alupanel is the way to go. Just don't ever use chrome Alupanel for an outdoor use.... Never had a problem with other colors.

Attachments

• 471865_367738706624824_1473375437_o.jpg
    471865_367738706624824_1473375437_o.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:

slappy

Ok i will be using a 4x8 sheet of poly metal from tubelite. Not to bad expensive. Any advice on mounting it to the wall. outside wall has vinyl siding and i kinda old.

Its funny i am asking some of the same questions about how and were to get things that you are but instead i get send them to a real sign shop? For what reason?

here is your reason and your answer.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1245272.-2207520000.1359598458&type=3&theater

After the thread the other day where a sign fell down and killed a pedestrian, you probably should just call these guys you made the shirts for and just continue making shirts in your shop.

:corndog:

altereddezignz

Sorry i have not gotten back to this forum in the last couple months. Have been covered up with yes sign stuff.. So i guess i am not a real sign shop but boy do my customers think that i am a lot better than most the other local........

David yes that post was for you. Sorry i do apologize but i get aggravated when i do my research and still yet i am looked down upon.

But Tube-Lite does make a trip locally every Wednesday and i have been getting materials every Wednesday since i called them.

Again thanks for all the help and even the sarcasm and telling me i am not good enough. guess what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...

Pat. Yes i did miss read where you stated that the 2 companies were in Memphis. My apologies to you also.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry i have not gotten back to this forum in the last couple months. Have been covered up with yes sign stuff.. So i guess i am not a real sign shop but boy do my customers think that i am a lot better than most the other local........

David yes that post was for you. Sorry i do apologize but i get aggravated when i do my research and still yet i am looked down upon.

But Tube-Lite does make a trip locally every Wednesday and i have been getting materials every Wednesday since i called them.

Again thanks for all the help and even the sarcasm and telling me i am not good enough. guess what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...

Pat. Yes i did miss read where you stated that the 2 companies were in Memphis. My apologies to you also.

Guess I don't get it. :help

For about 99% of the time here, all I saw was very helpful information and a tiny bit of ridicule or frustration on members part, cause you had an answer for helpful ideas which you shot down without even a thank you.

People were indeed trying to help, but you kinda had an attitude and took offense to non-offensive things.

Now you come back and apologize, but with conditions.

Why kinda crap is that ?? I'm sorry, but you.....................

You came here for help and now you want to dictate how your world operates and there's no room for others as for now, you have complete control over everything. Yep. Sounds good. I guess you'll never have to ask another question..... coz, you da man.......:rock-n-roll:
See ya on the other side. :toasting:

altereddezignz

I give up. I try to apologize for coming off like a butt, yet i am still told i am.

So i guess ill make it easy for everyone to understand.

Apologies to all and any of who i might have offended.

Thanks all for any information that you gave to me and any help that you provided.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I so much do enjoy happy endings...... :clapping:

Looks brilliant while leaning or having a tendency towards marvelous.....:thumb:

Jillbeans

It's not the best sign I've ever seen, but I have seen far worse.
Next time, avoid using red text on the black (no contrast) and NEVER stretch a font to fit like you did on the bottom line.
Elements could have been a bit closer together and had more breathing room around the edges, but like I said, it's better than a lot of things I've seen.
I'm glad you showed it to us.

altereddezignz

It's not the best sign I've ever seen, but I have seen far worse.
Next time, avoid using red text on the black (no contrast) and NEVER stretch a font to fit like you did on the bottom line.
Elements could have been a bit closer together and had more breathing room around the edges, but like I said, it's better than a lot of things I've seen.
I'm glad you showed it to us.

I did not have an option on the font and colors to use. I didn't even want to use the black background..

One of those friends type sale. They chose the font and colors and so one.

I had to mimic their logo that they already had.

Thank you for the info. Ill have to watch that next time.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not making fun of you, but who really is the sign person here...... You or your customer/helper ??

As a professional or backyard hack, you are supposed to be in command. You are supposedly the expert. If you can't tell a friend how hideous that sign is gonna look when finished, you are nothing to that person/customer/friend.

This is precisely why so many people have b!tches against wannabee sign makers. They turn out crap like this and then blame their shortcomings & faults on someone who isn't even in the sign industry. She did this, he did that and I couldn't get a word in edge-wise. Bull-ony.

You should go to them and say, in all fairness, I have to do these two signs over again for you. First of all, no one can read it due to the choice of fonts, the choice of colors and the bad composition. I can't sleep at night, knowing I took your money for this when you told me up front you didn't have much to spare and then I give you these pieces of crap. I'm ashamed of myself and I wanna do better for you. It's the least I can do.

altereddezignz

Not making fun of you, but who really is the sign person here...... You or your customer/helper ??

As a professional or backyard hack, you are supposed to be in command. You are supposedly the expert. If you can't tell a friend how hideous that sign is gonna look when finished, you are nothing to that person/customer/friend.

This is precisely why so many people have b!tches against wannabee sign makers. They turn out crap like this and then blame their shortcomings & faults on someone who isn't even in the sign industry. She did this, he did that and I couldn't get a word in edge-wise. Bull-ony.

You should go to them and say, in all fairness, I have to do these two signs over again for you. First of all, no one can read it due to the choice of fonts, the choice of colors and the bad composition. I can't sleep at night, knowing I took your money for this when you told me up front you didn't have much to spare and then I give you these pieces of crap. I'm ashamed of myself and I wanna do better for you. It's the least I can do.

I don't get you. How do you know that i did not tell him that it didn't look good?? On the other hand how is it that you give a thumbs up right after i post a picture and now your telling me that my work is garbage. oh and now im a backyard hack? Im not gonna turn down a job b/c the customer has a bad logo or bad fonts. You are right i am no sigh professional.. I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE... But it seams to me like for some reason you have something against me. Guess i apparently am one of those people you ***** about huh? I guess if i have to be one of those people then so be it..

I did not post up the picture for your opinion. I did it b/c it was requested. If i would have wanted to know what you thought i would have asked you directly.

This is the problem with forums now days. Everyone is a god at the trade and no one is ever going to be as good as them.. Let me guess you have been perfect since the first piece of vinyl that you laid on a board?

Oh and these pieces of crap that i charged them more and they didn't have much money to spare.. Well little side not. I didn't charge him for it and yes you don't see my name on it anywhere do you... Didn't think so..
I did not charge b/c yes he is a friend and i was helping him out. A very close friend. He wanted what he got and is VERY VERY happy with it.

So not sure how or why you feel the need to give props and a couple message later tell a person they they are hack jobs and turn out crap. But whatever you feel that you need to do..

I gladly take criticism as i did above. You have to learn somehow but come one man show yourself out of this thread. Not sure why you have to keep posting. Your help as there never was any from you other than downgrading is not needed.... Say what you want i cannot stop you..