• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Cut Vinyl Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbarden

The permits are generaly "pulled" by the licensed installer. Or, if the munisipalty does not require a licensed installer then the permit is the responsiliblity of the owner of the sign. Some smaller towns do not have a permiting process either. Runs that gamut in my experience. We generaly inform the client that all permits and fees will be added to the final invoice. We generally do not mark these fees up either, although it does take time to process them.
Mike B

royster13

The permits are generaly "pulled" by the licensed installer. Or, if the munisipalty does not require a licensed installer then the permit is the responsiliblity of the owner of the sign. Some smaller towns do not have a permiting process either. Runs that gamut in my experience. We generaly inform the client that all permits and fees will be added to the final invoice. We generally do not mark these fees up either, although it does take time to process them.
Mike B

So who would actually own this sign?.....I am thinking it is the landlord......

As far as the copy, I would have gone with web address only....Maybe in a similar style to logo...

Pat Whatley

I think it will work out fine for the drivers on the near side of the road. The drivers across a parking lane, three lanes of traffic and a turn lane are a whole different story.

Mosh

I know that if I was driving by I would not see it, compaired to the sign below it with BIG letters....Like I said, buy a plotter and you are in the sign biz!!! I love those guys cause I have bought 3-4 shops out for pennys on the dollar from that thinking!!! BTW let me know when you have had enough I might come buy that fancy sticker cutter for $50....

WAIT you don't have a race car do you? that would make this complete!!!!

Mosh

5 panels shown, the sign guys are the SMALLEST!!! I bet you don't even have a shear to cut material...or even know what that is. Stick to doing...stickers and....whatever you were doing before trying this. Racing "cars"....I can spot a racer a mile away!!

ANY RE-FACE requires a permit in most places!!!! EVEN PYLONS, MONUMENTS, WHATEVER

showcase 66

Generally speaking, when one is off the ground by more than 2 feet or so, OSHA has rules for the safety of people hanging around in the air, ladders being tied off and proper garments, like steel tipped shoes and some other issues with safety.

It surprises me that you don't have to obtain a permit to take things in the air out and put new things back in without giving your local municipality proof of liability. When telling them you have two men in the air waving 2' x 6' pieces of acrylic around up there....... especially in California..................

When someone says 'No Permit Was Needed'.... I often wonder, how do you know this ??
Did you literally call the codes department and explain to them what you intended to do and they said.... oh, go right ahead, just don't hurt anyone in the process...... or did someone just ignore calling and think to themselves.... Self, I'm not gonna get a permit, cause I don't think it will take long and no one will know the difference ??

Here if there is an existing panel and that panel is lower than 10' in the air, no permit is required. I have had signs 15' in the air and apply for a permit and get the call that my permit is ready go in to get it and have a stamp across it stating no permit required.

Now if it is a new sign, that is a whole different story. If you want to put up a 6" x 6" no smoking sign on the building, you need a permit. You can paint a mural on a building with no permit. As soon as you put the business name in the mural, you need a permit.

Weird siht around here sometimes. I remember once going to put up a 4x8 sign on a building. Put in for the permits and get a call stating I did not need a permit if I take the old one down and put it up in the same place.

There was no old sign. It was a brand new building and the sign was the second one going on the back of the building. Got the permit paper back with the stamp on it on record just in case.

Mosh

Permit REQUIRED!!! IN MOST PLACES!!! I will turn you in!!!!
It is a new sign, no way around that! It has a new logo/mesage on it! Period!

Sticker Dude

web addresses is my Biggest pet peeve you can't read it in all caps
should be WestMountainSign.com
fail...

to watsons signs- I hope you fall off the next ladder you are on and break you arm or hand so you cant type BS like that Dude I am overweight and would kick you in the teeth if that was me on the ladder and you said that
If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all

Last edited:

WCSign

Permit REQUIRED!!! IN MOST PLACES!!! I will turn you in!!!!
It is a new sign, no way around that! It has a new logo/mesage on it! Period!

What do you race? Squad cars, ya snitch?

must be boring times out in the corn fields to have your panties in such a wad about a brand new lil ol new sign guys sub par sign design and the fact that he didnt have to pull a permit because for whatever reason his landlord made him pay to install the sign.

truth be told, the fat guy on the ladder is probably one of the landlords handymen. So all in all who gives a damn what they do

Scotty, do your thing, take the good advice where it comes and weed out the keyboard hot shots as much as you can

Jillbeans

I think the ladder looks scary close to the wires for one.
And I think the guy on the bottom looks like my nephew Barry.
(he's one mean mother, too, and I would never imply that he was heavy)
I think every sign on that pylon looks like it needs some TLC, including yours.
There's too much stuff on it at too light a weight.
The layout is really poor, it should be the best looking sign on there since you are a sign shop.
Love....Jill

CanuckSigns

web addresses is my Biggest pet peeve you can't read it in all caps
should be WestMountainSign.com
fail...

to watsons signs- I hope you fall off the next ladder you are on and break you arm or hand so you cant type BS like that Dude I am overweight and would kick you in the teeth if that was me on the ladder and you said that
If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all

That's not very nice...

Sticker Dude

You guys really suck on this forum
you put people down
newbies that come around you treat them like crap
you delete stuff from post
there will be a site going up about this site
I guess me being a memeber since 2006 doesnt mean crap Finally I am leaving this forum I cant believ how rude you guys actually are are you like this to your customers or do you even have customers

CanuckSigns

the reason you were treated poorly when you first joined, is because you were bosting about selling peeing calvin decals, and how it was ok cause you "changed it a bit" newbies who join and are professional with an honest desire to learn and contribute are treated very well.

Sticker Dude

the reason you were treated poorly when you first joined, is because you were bosting about selling peeing calvin decals, and how it was ok cause you "changed it a bit" newbies who join and are professional with an honest desire to learn and contribute are treated very well.
I am talking about within a few years and Not talking about me all you people are so rude to the new people its not funny you were one of them 1 time they are asking for help or suggest thing and you guys tear them apart I have people messaging me saying the feel the same way
You know what this forum reminds me of 55+ community and when someone 54 moves in or when they have their grandchildren over its like a feeding frenzy with sharks I feel so bad for the people that have good questions and need help but you old people dont care I know this will get deleted just because you guys and dish it out but you cant Handle the truth about yourself This site was to Help the community Where is the Help! Newbies Beware!!

HulkSmash

there will be a site going up about this site
I guess me being a memeber since 2006 doesnt mean crap Finally I am leaving this forum I cant believ how rude you guys actually are are you like this to your customers or do you even have customers

Making a site about this site. You're such a gangster!

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.