• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New error?? E016 TLB-S(03)

LenXIII

I have googled and searched these forums without a single match to this error!? The printer was printing fine then just stopped with flashing lights reading this error E016 TLB-S(03)

What is TLB ? What does this error mean? I am about to restart the print, but im using 3m 180 and already lost a lot of $$!!

Thanks in advance guys.

randya

incoming main power incoming or main board most likely.

Have you recently upgraded/changed firmware?
Or hardware?

KevSign

I just got used Mutoh valuejet 1604. The tech combine help to install and warning us if see some error (forgot the error #), see the black clip to holding he print head - next to print head make sure not bend. They told me you can remove if you want or waiting until it bend and bend it back or remove complete. Hope this will help!

Good Luck!!!!!

MacDaddy

Yup, if it only happens once just an insignificant anomoly... If it happens frequently, MAINBOARD...

I just got this error. Any more help on this? gps-hi posted something but it's to a 2.mutoh site where you need a login. Care to elaborate any more Randy? Thanks!

coreyb

same thing just happened to me. print was moving along with no problem then out of nowhere it stopped and i got this error, E016 TLB-S [03]. what does it mean????

jhanson

It's a computational error -- like getting a blue screen (STOP error) on Windows. Restart the printer; if the error does not appear again, you're OK. If the error appears every time you run the machine, you have a bad mainboard.

dzign

I received a similar error, half-way through a 9' print:
E016 TLB-L/I [02]

Now if this is an anomaly, a computational error, I want to be able to keep this from happening again. This apparent malfunction provided me with the experience of having to throw away some costly material and time. Should I plan on my main-board failing and prepare for that? Are there diagnostics I can run to see if there's a problem? I'm using a Mutoh Valuejet 1204, it's roughly 6 years old. I believe a have a service manual for this machine, but am not familiar with a forum that can address repairs for this unit other than signs101.

dzign

Followup. I can't hear too well. When the error occurred, my brother was just exiting through the shop entrance when he heard the accompanying warning sound, stopped looked around at me and asked if that's the sound the printer makes when it runs out of ink. I quickly looked over at the printer and walking over, I saw all the lights flashing and then read the error code. It turns out I suspected he had stepped on the ethernet cable and many hours and a couple of prints later took a look at that cable. It's casing was cracked in several places. I couldn't see any of the smaller coated wires having worn down within this cable, but I suppose one false move could have triggered a break in the data being fed to the printer. I have replaced this cable and rerouted it so it's less prone to getting traffic until I can get a longer cable to route over the door way. Any suggestions as too how long a cable I can go with that the printer will accept data on and not run into problems?

ralphy

I have googled and searched these forums without a single match to this error!? The printer was printing fine then just stopped with flashing lights reading this error E016 TLB-S(03)

What is TLB ? What does this error mean? I am about to restart the print, but im using 3m 180 and already lost a lot of $$!!

Thanks in advance guys.

E 016 error
CPU Err
[03]

Data border
exception/TLB
exception
(store) error:
Abnormal
condition in
data border.
Or TLB