• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Gap Logo

"Deposit Please"

Attachments

• gap logo before:after.jpg
    gap logo before:after.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 82

dlndesign

it was fine the way it was. what ever happened to sticking with anything when it came to your identity. fools!

signmeup

Taken from the link above:

"Gap's logo is twenty years old. The company was started in 1969.
The chain operates nearly 300 stores in Europe and Asia and is the 84th most-valuable brand in the world, according to Interbrand's 2010 study.

The group values the brand at nearly $4 billion."

Yeah. Let's mess with that.
Utter idiots.

Pat Whatley

The elegant, almost snotty, simplicity of the original is perfect.

Of course they'll rebrand the whole chain with the new one and in six months we'll feel it's a perfect fit, too.

showcase 66

I have a feeling they changed it just like walmart changed theirs. Of course walmart has changed theirs i think 5 times.

Taking away all CAPS is kind of the new thing for large corporations. I would imagine that you will see this more often.

On here, we are looking at it from a graphic standpoint not a consumer standpoint. The neuro marketing involved is the main reason they are doing this. When walmart changed their logo they actually did it on their website first. I believe it was changed for over a month before people even realized it. They took away the Harsh Bold letters and made it a softer image. They took the sharp pointed star and made it into a smoother asterisk style star.

Graphically the logo sucks. However, in the consumers eye, it will probably give them a more calm feeling when they walk into the store. It is going to cost them millions to change all the signs and advertising. They have probably spent millions just doing the research and marketing of this idea.

I am curious tho. If this is what they went with, I wonder what ideas they canned.

GP

looks very "american apparel" which is interesting, seeing as they just went bankrupt.

Colin

I don't think it's all that bad in an ugly sense, but I don't "get" the square just sitting there. What does that represent? Nothing which is apparent.

The color choice for the blue has two problems:

1) It is too dark. It hurts the legibility of the "p". It would be much better if they had used an Olympic blue.

2) The graduated tone will be problematic when it comes to embroidery/

I just know there was a committee involved here. And probably huge coin for the "designer."

"A camel is a horse designed by a committee."

GypsyGraphics

yep, all lower case is the trend... a trendy logo, yeah that's a brilliant idea.

What do you think about Belk's new logo?
oh and look at that, brilliance abounds! anyone else think that belk logo looks a little bp-esque?

and you just thought i was lazy not using caps when i post
:tongue: