• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new guy

Hi all
new member here. I got started doing vinyl lettering about two years ago kind of by mistake. I normally do water slide decals for the model railroad hobby. I had a customer call me asking if I could make him a set of decals for a large "live Steam" engine. Due to the size of these trains water slide decals were out of the question. Since I had all of the artwork already done, I was put in contact with a gentleman who had a vinyl cutter. he was willing to cut the decals for me but wanted nothing to do with installing them (I installed them with no problems). A couple of weeks later the gentleman with the cutter called me with a request for some artwork as he could not do it himself. We worked together on several projects with him paying me to do the art and him doing the cutting...mostly for race car guys. At some point I decided to purchase a machine of my own as I figured I could do the cutting as well as the art work. About 1 year ago I bought a 24" plotter/cutter and am slowly building a business.

Dan Pikulski