• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Latex 700 and 800 series - with White ink

TomK

So by them moving to a separate overcoat ink which they recommend not be used if you laminate, are they admitting to lam issues for the prior gen ink?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
More of an location issue thou. You can have terrible support with any big brand if you don't have a good local support.
You can always buy from BigFish and then complain to him here :D

Lol, fortunatley for me I dont have to deal with those very often!

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Looks like a nice machine, too bad it's still HP with their horrible support.

That is why you purchase from a dealer that will support you. The dealer is always supposed to be the first line of support, that is one of the major reasons the dealer channel exists. All of our customers come to us first and if needed we go to HP.

Reveal1

The white ink 'premium' blows me away that it's that reasonable. Even the ink costs seem decent. Definitely on my radar but I'll hold off until you early adopters uncover potential bugs.

robibilic

I would like to see the difference between the new HP and the new Epson SureColor R5070. Is similar technology.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would like to see the difference between the new HP and the new Epson SureColor R5070. Is similar technology.
You probably have to request samples from both or go look at them. In terms on technology I think it's quite different but ink may be somewhat similar, the idea at least.
Epson now seems a lot slower compared to these in my opinion. And don't forget to ask white samples :D

robibilic

You probably have to request samples from both or go look at them. In terms on technology I think it's quite different but ink may be somewhat similar, the idea at least.
Epson now seems a lot slower compared to these in my opinion. And don't forget to ask white samples :D
I believe there is no white option with Epson :)

balstestrat

Problem Solver
How do you mean?
HP Latex 700 - $17,695.00
HP Latex 800 - $27,995.00
1L - $143
3L - $300

27995-17695=10300
143*3-300=129
10300/129=~80
80*3=240L break point

If I calculated correctly you need to purchase total 240L ink at which point L800 becomes cheaper to use on the ink. Less than that and L700 is cheaper. ~285L for the Whites.
Which is pretty close to what Dave was saying.

Assuming you do 10ml/m2, 24000m2 total, that amount of ink would be used in 0,5-2 years on L800.

Last edited:
Aside from the ink cost difference, there are throughput advantages for the 800 Series. Depending on the print mode, the 800 delivers between 15 - 21 percent greater speed than the 700 at the same pass count. More unattunedness, lower running costs + greater throughput for the 800 Series.

TomK

I was watching a video on the new printers, did I see see this correctly - if you aren't using white you need to remove the heads, put them in some plastic box, and back into a special section of the printer that spins them? And when you want to use white, remove, readd, print, rinse and repeat?

What is the recommendation on this? If I am not printing white for 1 day, 2 days, a week, etc, I should go through this process?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I was watching a video on the new printers, did I see correctly - if you aren't using white you need to remove the heads, put them in some plastic box, and back into a special section of the printer that spins them? And when you want to use white, remove, readd, print, rinse and repeat?

What is the recommendation on this? If I am not printing white for 1 day, 2 days, a week, etc, I should go through this process?
Yep correct, saves you on the white ink when you don't need it and it's fairly quick process. When you put them back it's only cleaning/servicing them and you are ready to go.

There was some calculations and specific numbers but it's always best to gang the white jobs together if possible and then run them.
If you know you are not using white tomorrow and you have inserted them today, I'd take them out at the end of the day.