• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Latex 700 and 800 series - with White ink

I was watching a video on the new printers, did I see see this correctly - if you aren't using white you need to remove the heads, put them in some plastic box, and back into a special section of the printer that spins them? And when you want to use white, remove, readd, print, rinse and repeat?

What is the recommendation on this? If I am not printing white for 1 day, 2 days, a week, etc, I should go through this process?

There is no requirement to remove the white heads from the carriage and store them in the offline rotation chamber, but the advantage of so doing is that is zero white ink waste while the PHs are offline.

If white ink is being run on a daily basis there is no benefit from offline storage in the wheel.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If white ink is being run on a daily basis there is no benefit from offline storage in the wheel.
HEAVY WHITE INK USAGE>2 days per week. Maintain the white PHs in the carriage, extract if:
•On weekends or when then printer will not be used in the next 24hrs
•When there is a long color job or two or multiple short jobs
Keeping the printhead in the carriage will keep them maintained but ink waste will start to increase.

Ioan321

Printer
Any of you ship to the European Union, Bulgaria? My vendor gives me a price for the low-end one equivalent to what you quote for the high-end model

kerwinchua

Production Manager
Actually you kind of do if you are not printing identical sides. If you mirror the other side or have a different picture you can see it through.

- my thoughts exactly.. I don’t mind if speed is slow on a 5 layer print (every other printer is slow anyway at this mode) but these are seldom used anyway but nice to have the ability to do this :)

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So it's not the same white as if the R series on 32 pass? The sample I was shown was near Identical on the 800W and the R Series
I don't know why they told you it was 32 pass because it's not. 32 pass could be under/overflood. White ink is the same on both printers.
The same printmode 3-layers 160% white is 50-pass on R-series and 78-pass on L700/800W. This will result in pretty identical output.
On R you also have the 5-layer 290% white blockout 61-pass. That's pretty good for opacity.
(There is some small differences between materials on printmodes)

R_S3L_160.jpg R_S5L_290.jpg L800W_S3L_160.jpg

For people who might be interested in the mechanics side, here's few interesting things.
New drive roller that is like 1/2" inch diameter. Old one was closer to 2" diameter, a lot more precise movement than before. New OMAS and platen design, they lift out in pieces like this. And the new cutter.

drive roller.jpg

omas platen.jpg

cutter.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
- my thoughts exactly.. I don’t mind if speed is slow on a 5 layer print (every other printer is slow anyway at this mode) but these are seldom used anyway but nice to have the ability to do this :)
From what I understood, they might add 5-layer with a firmware update. It was still in the works if they add it or not last time I heard about it.

k_graham

Silly question, what is printing width as I dont see in specs, is the 700 vs 700w 2 different widths?

I was also trying to figure power difference to our now obsolete 26500, does this require me to run a additional 208 volt connection?

I guess time to check breakers, see what was there.

Silly question, what is printing width as I dont see in specs, is the 700 vs 700w 2 different widths?

I was also trying to figure power difference to our now obsolete 26500, does this require me to run a additional 208 volt connection?

All models of Latex 700 and 800 Series printers (white and color) are 64-inch.

Power requirements are in the attached data sheet.

Attachments

• hplatex700printer_datasheet.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 304

balstestrat

Problem Solver

There is no other difference between 700 and 700W than the white ink (that you can not upgrade to later). Like said, all models 64-inch.

You can just plug it in to the same wires you had for the 26500. Uses less power than that did.
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07007412

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I was watching a video on the new printers, did I see see this correctly - if you aren't using white you need to remove the heads, put them in some plastic box, and back into a special section of the printer that spins them? And when you want to use white, remove, readd, print, rinse and repeat?

What is the recommendation on this? If I am not printing white for 1 day, 2 days, a week, etc, I should go through this process?
Finally found this official graph.

Screenshot 2021-02-06 195455.png

k_graham

Ouch, I was afraid the W meant white ink as its 1000's extra and it seems there are many stories of people not getting enough use of it. Thanks, for the clarification.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Ouch, I was afraid the W meant white ink as its 1000's extra and it seems there are many stories of people not getting enough use of it. Thanks, for the clarification.
I think its more of a case if you have it and want to use it, you got to sell it to people. Of course it sits useless if you have no use for it.
But there's always the one without it if white feels like a gimmick.

ikarasu

Honestly, the way latex handles white ink it's better to have it than to not... In theory.

When you remove.the white head for storage.... Do you have to go through the whole head alignment process everytime you put it back in?

If so I'd say that's the only downfall with someone having it and not using it everyday... And even then, still better off wasting a bit of Time than throwing away ink like other printers do.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
When you remove.the white head for storage.... Do you have to go through the whole head alignment process everytime you put it back in?

Not sure on these but if they’re like the R series then no on the alignment each time.

Not sure on these but if they’re like the R series then no on the alignment each time.

700 W and 800 W are like the HP R-Series in this regard. No need to re-align the white printheads upon reinsertion into the carriage.

Last edited: