• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New JV150-130 Owner, Need to Transport

ckent

Hi everyone, I just purchased a used JV150-130, from a sign shop that was closing down. I have been in the market for over a year and found a deal I could not pass up. I bought it today and must move it tomorrow. It is about an hour away from my location. I have an enclosed trailer and planned on doing the move myself, since it is very short notice. I know I should probably pay someone but there is no time to arrange it. So do you guys have any suggestions and/or advice on moving this. Should I take it off the stand? I have plenty of moving blankets and bubble wrap, along with tie downs, straps etc.

I also bought a cutter but I am not as concerned with the move on that.

rjssigns

I don't know the situation but unless the previous owner is going to assist with loading I'd take a helper.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've moved countless printers in covered trailers through the years.

-Keep it on the stand
-Put a couple 2x4 under the stand so the castors are lifted up off the floor. They can pop off easily if not!
-Put the head lock on. It's' yellow piece of metal that screws into the Y bar. If you don't have the head lock, simply pop a piece of Styrofoam next to the head and tape it so it puts a little pressure on the head to the right. This takes stress off the regular head lock.
-Strap down tight but don't crank down on it. The tighter the straps, the more likely you are to bend the Y frame during the drive. We usually brace it against a wall, strap it to the floor, and then strap it to the wall.
-Keep the ink cartridges in but remove the waste tank and stuff some paper towel in the hole where the tank used to be. I usually throw some tape on it to make sure it doesn't fall out. This just catches any ink drops that may fall. It won't come pouring out or anything.

That's about it. These move fairly easily. Should go pretty smooth.

ckent

I got it everyone. Thank you for the replies. It went pretty smooth. I think I underestimated the size of this thing. I made room but my god its huge. It needs cleaned pretty good. It powers on, it cuts. Trying to get into the PC right now so I can get to the programs.

Mtptrade

I've moved countless printers in covered trailers through the years.

-Keep it on the stand
-Put a couple 2x4 under the stand so the castors are lifted up off the floor. They can pop off easily if not!
-Put the head lock on. It's' yellow piece of metal that screws into the Y bar. If you don't have the head lock, simply pop a piece of Styrofoam next to the head and tape it so it puts a little pressure on the head to the right. This takes stress off the regular head lock.
-Strap down tight but don't crank down on it. The tighter the straps, the more likely you are to bend the Y frame during the drive. We usually brace it against a wall, strap it to the floor, and then strap it to the wall.
-Keep the ink cartridges in but remove the waste tank and stuff some paper towel in the hole where the tank used to be. I usually throw some tape on it to make sure it doesn't fall out. This just catches any ink drops that may fall. It won't come pouring out or anything.

That's about it. These move fairly easily. Should go pretty smooth.
appreciate for you help mate , im in case to move the vg540 next week , so the head lock on you meant , that is for Roland printer ? I'm quite nervous about it cuzz its about 2 hrs driving from my area

thank you for your help mate

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
appreciate for you help mate , im in case to move the vg540 next week , so the head lock on you meant , that is for Roland printer ? I'm quite nervous about it cuzz its about 2 hrs driving from my area

thank you for your help mate
I don't know too much about the VG series but I've moved many printers in my time and a 2 hr trip won't hurt as long as you lock the head down. usually just need to run a cleaning cycle to pull any air out of the system and you're good to go.

Mtptrade

I don't know too much about the VG series but I've moved many printers in my time and a 2 hr trip won't hurt as long as you lock the head down. usually just need to run a cleaning cycle to pull any air out of the system and you're good to go.
Do you mean i should do the cleaning cycle before moving it to the truck ?
I chanhed plan and will pick up the xr640 on this Wednesday

Thanks for your help mate

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do you mean i should do the cleaning cycle before moving it to the truck ?
I chanhed plan and will pick up the xr640 on this Wednesday

Thanks for your help mate
No a cleaning cycle once you get it to the new location. It will get bumped around when moving so there might be some air bubbles that needs to be pulled out but usually it only needs a simple cleaning and you're good to go!