• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new member intro

iSign

Hi folks,
Bob G was asking me about use of an image of mine for a lesson he has planned. He mentioned an interest in posting the lesson in a few forums I was aware of, as well as this one.

I may have heard of this site once or twice, but finally checked it out. looks great so far from a quick look-see.

The first page that appeared "invited" me to introduce myself (as I guess most here have experienced in the past) so I will do so briefly.

I began working for an architectural sign company as an architectural draftsman in 1989. I began my self-taught understanding of computer graphics on the job at that company. I quickly realized that my ambitions twords an architectural career had been replaced by my immediate attraction to many aspects of graphic design & sign making. I spent the next 8 years at various signshop jobs spread over 3 states, 3 computer platforms (counting DOS) & at least 4 different specializations (architectural, quicky-sticky, engraving & screenprinting)

In 1997, I found myself in a position to take over a screenprinting-only signshop with a bunch of archaic equipment, a handful of repeat clients, & a business name & phone number that had a 20 year history on this small island.
The terms were unbeatable, so I dragged my ambitious, yet financially destitute self up to the plate.

To me the rest is history, My life literally changed overnight. I gave up many self-sabotaging habits & began feeding off not only my known passion for sign design & production, but much to my surprise (& benefit) I discovered that the requirements & responsibilities of owning & running a business (of which I had no training) suited my personality almost as much as the production & design aspects.

So that about sums up any relevant introduction I would like to make.

(oh yeah, one more thing... I may be prone to long winded posts :) )

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Aloha Kouko,
Howzit, welcome to Signs101, great to see more familiar faces.

Rick

MAB SIGNS

Welcome...

Welcome Doug, not to worry I'm well known for long winded posts however I'll make this one short.

:signs101: