• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Post, New Problem JV3160S

dhsigns

Did a head wash yesterday to try and recover my light cyan, finished wash and ran fill. Black/magenta head will not fill now. Took head carrage off and cleaned heads thourghly to assure proper seating, re-install ran fill still no luck checked vacuum on pumps, working. Ran nozzle wash for 30 mins, still no fill....should I remove heads, separate and flush with syringe and clean? or another suggestion?

artbot

you have to diagnose where the loss of vacuum is. have you listened for air? and if you hear air is it above or below the head? most likely symptom is damper not seated, leaking damper fittings (above), cap tops not pressing against the head platen firmly, cap tops not targeted properly (bottom).

also if you are not pulling black and magenta, you seriously need to inject some cleaning solution into that head manually right now. that head is drying up currently and will not be easy to recover.

dhsigns

Not sure exactly what was wrong but i attached a baby syringe to the draw hose out of the pump and vacuumed ink through the head and finally got ink now she prints just fine...thanks for all your help everyone that made suggestions...now if I can only get my LC to print ....

artbot

head was vapor locked. the holes are so small coming out that sometimes the pump just isn't strong enough to squeeze the ink into them to start.

MikePro

try doing a long nozzle wash to see if there is any improvement on the LC.
1. set nozzle wash (1-99min, doesn't matter)
2. power-down printer. green switch on front and then switch on the back. (this negates the automatic cleaning cycle during "sleep-mode")
3. let sit overnight and then power-up and try a test print in the a.m.

post before/after pictures of your test print. hard to diagnose anything without seeing what we're working with.