• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Sign (need help with layout)

sdimmick

Thanks for looking! I need help with this sign...im fairly new to the biz and need to make something nice for once, lol.

I want the "Y" logo to be on a seperate substrate and up off the main sub. Is there something I can use for this? Obviously I will have to bolt this thing to the wall, is there something you can use to bolt to the wall that looks pleasing? My supplier does not have anything that I think I can use. I want it to be about 1/2" to 1" from the main sub.

Again, this is very preliminary, so the design is not yet complete.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• YMCA donation sign.jpg
    YMCA donation sign.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 87

Jillbeans

I don't know jack about installation, but this looks like something where Dibond would be a nice choice (or Alumalite, a PA product, but that has the flutes)
I know there are all kinds of fancy standoffs out there.
What if the Y logo thing was on some sort of plexiglass with brushed stainless standoffs?
And now that damn Village People song will be in my head all day.
Love....Jill

sdimmick

sorry it took so long...

1) It's a donation board, it will have business names and individuals names whom donated money towards the new building.

2) I was going to use alum., but may use something with a wood base and alum. attached.

3) Standoffs? I guess I need to look those up. Im assuming those keep the plexiglass you speak of up off the substrate.

I dont think alumacorr would be nice, unless there is a edging or border I can use for it. Not crazy about the flutes being seen.

Thanks all!

JR's

I think what could help alto is go to your local mag. store and buy a trade mag.(sign craft, signs of the times, or sign business) in them you will fined stuff like standoffs and different substrates that you can use. and some good ideas to start with.

JR

daveb

General Know-it-all
Really the first place you need to start is a budget, this is a YMCA I'm guessing kinda low. We did a memorial wall for a local hospital here out of 1/2'' tempered glass panels with frosted detail, stood 6'' off the wall with chrome mounting brackets, 6' tall and about 24' long. Cost several thousand dollars. Just depends on what they want and what they have fundage for. Looking at this I would suggest (depending on the overall size) a nice 1/2'' acrylic "Y" logo with polished edges (Gemini would be a good source), pads on the back for stud mounting to background and make the background a 1/2 to 1'' deep pan (there again depending on overall size) with maybe a nice brush aluminum finish. You can also glue pads on the back side and stud mount the background panel so there's no fasteners showing. Just my two cents:popcorn: