• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new to flexi

nightcrawler

hi all. i just had my flexi starter 8.6 starter software installed, and running a graphtec fc4100-75 cutter. im using a parralle cable, problem is when i send to cut, it does not cut right, it's just a bunch of garbage lines. the parralle cable i got is a printer cable, do i need the cable from graphtec, or is it settings somewhere that is messed up.i have no clue on what to do. am very new to this. thank's for any help i can get.

gabagoo

make sure it is plugged into the paralel port and not the com port to start. You could try using a serial cable if you cant get the paralel to work....or you can try a usb to paralel converter cable although I tried that with my fc4100-130 from Signlab 8 and couldn't get it to work.

BTW welcome from Canada

nightcrawler

flexi

thank's i found the problem, i had to change the mode to epp. it's cutting now, but some letters aint cutting fully, like not completing the letter.must be more settings that need adjusting im thinking.