• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question New to me..........................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Doing a 2020 ford explorer hybrid interceptor. Need to remove the front outer door handle and after taking the access plug, there's no allen screw in there anymore. It's a round bolt like object and no way I know of to grip it to loosen it. Anybody have any clue ??

Now, it might look like
inner door screw.jpg
it has a hex head or something, but it's perfectly rounded.

:thankyou: Gino

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, it's not perfectly round. My he socket must've been used too hard. Outta desperation, I tried a new one and got the screw out, but only the handle came out and not the locking portion. Got instructions and whatnot from 2 different dealerships and it looks like the whole inner door must come off to get at some mechanism. How frickin' dumb is that ?? Called a body shop friend of mine and he's coming over later this morning to help us out....... before we break the danged thing.