• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to printing

Jrs187

Hello and thanks for allowing me here. I just purchased some used equipment. So far I have just been cutting vinyls with my sc2 uscutter for about a year. I just purchased a mutoh vj1204a printer. It had some issues that I didn't think were going to be that big of deal but I think I was wrong. It had some codes but got them sorted out now I have ink pulled through the dampers but it won't print. Is there somewhere else I need to look? Sorry if I'm not posting in the correct area completely new here. Thanks for your time

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can the people who sold it to you help you out ?? Even if it's not a dealer, they should know what's going on. Otherwise, I would say you were..... HAD.

Jrs187

Hes looking at it also. We're just looking for more options. I've been friends with him for along time. We were looking online and it says something about maybe f2 fuse but we can't seem to find it.

signage

Do you even know how to test a fuse/fuse able link? Those fuses aren't glass tube type fuses.

Jrs187

Yes I know how to test fuses. I just can't seem to find where f2 is located on any of the boards. I tried calling the number mutoh gave me for a repair tech but either they got a new number or went out of business.

signage

I don't have a picture of the location of the fuse but here is what it looks like and if my memory is correct it has marked by the Fx.

1641511848920.png

Johnny Best

Ask on here if anyone has the repair catalog for that printer. I have a Valuejet 1204 also. Still works great, after putting new print head, dampers and maintenance station in it.

Jrs187

Ended up purchasing new printhead should be here today. But like everyone says if they sit they get expensive.

Jrs187

It was the printhead that ended up being clogged and the cables being messed up. It's up and going. Played with it for awhile today. Thanks everyone