• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New To Signs 101

StickerChic

Hi,

I'm a newbie here too... but not to the biz. I had a shop for over 13 years. Mostly doing graphic design, including logos, illustrating, and even product packaging and labels of all varieties. In addition, I started cutting vinyl for small signs and making 4-color stuff for my clients and other designers, eventually supplying several other shops with full color graphics.

Now, we are semi-retired and have moved to the coast (although I do have a shop in the basement and don't plan on giving it up anytime soon).

I'm looking to share what I've learned and maybe learn some more. One thing I'm convinced of: The more you know, the more you know you don't know!

Although I have been successfuly doing 3-M certified outdoor graphics for over 6 years, I have yet to make a profit from my Roland ColorCam... I know there are some out there that say they do.
Anybody out there willing to convince me:help:

Looking forward to the buzzz...

the StickerChic
(I know the Design Police, and they are us)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hi StickerChic and welcome to our boards. I've been to your lovely Coos Bay and hope to visit again someday.

I could put you together with a few folks I know with ColorCamms and between you you might have a good boat anchor. It was, IMHO, a poorly conceived piece of hardware which gained undeserved popularity for a while.

ChiknNutz

Hi StickerChic! I'm up near Seattle, have some friends that moved to the little town of Lebanon, OR (near Albany) about a year ago.

StickerChic

Hi all,
I'm still optimistic! The spot colors available make it worth persuing for small labels. Poorly conceived? I, like the many others that bought into the concept thought it was a great idea, the problem was in the execution. The open plotter design is it's major flaw. I have had other thermal wax printers that worked flawlessly in an office environment. They were closed to the elements and were devoid of voids (pun intended). If only I had a temperature controlled, hermetically "clean" room, my problems would be solved!

Thanks for your input.

SC