• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to this forum

Buddy

Started out hand painting then computerized with vinyl cutters in the early 90's now moving towards wide format printing.

Took over my dads sign shop in the 80's....now my son is moving into the business. 3 generations of sign makers in my family.

Like manys starving musician or artists....you're not likely to get rich in this business so you need to be enjoying your work.

This forum looks like fun. So if you can make room for one more....I'll jump in here.

BUDDY FAULCONER
Rapid Signs in Missouri

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Rich...:wine-smi: probably not:rolleyes:
but you can make a verry nice income and enjoy working on a different project every couple days.:thumb:

Welcome Aboard!

Flame

Welcome!

Well, I guess we've kind of already met, huh? Everyone........ this guy is alright.:thumb:

Jillbeans

Hi Buddy....you're a lucky guy to be a second-generation signer.
I'm hoping my youngest son shows an interest in the trade.
Love....Jill

Buddy

Jill....

I didn't get interested in signs until I was in my early 20's. I got a job in a sign shop because I had grown up in the trade watching my dad. And could get a job that paid more than other jobs. So why not.

I wasn't until I got my feet wet for a couple years working in the sign trade that I realized....this is definately my netche (how do you spell nitch ?)

So be patient with your offspring in bringing them up in the trade.

I know a guy locally who is mentoring his son. And he only has him work from 9:00 to 2:00 3 or 4 days a week at first....just to keep it all good.

BUDDY