• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New website launch www.BuyGreenSigns.com

njohnston

Hey everyone, we just launched a new website called www.BuyGreenSigns.com

You can design your sign online and order it printed on eco-friendly materials. I just wanted to get some feedback from everyone here. Take a quick look and let me know what you think.

Neil Johnston

Last edited by a moderator:

ddarlak

Go Bills!
LOL

Two months later, time to replace these "old" signs????

that's sure to grab tons of customers!!!!!

i'm sure clients are jumping at the prospect of seeing signs they just bought two months ago going flying into the garbage can....

CanuckSigns

I think the site itself is great! very easy to navigate and really easy on the eyes.

As for the product, we have never been able to up-sell the "green" angle, but if you are having success with it, than best of luck!

J Hill Designs

how do those online design software suites deal with low res crappy images? do you just print and ship? i can see some poor output in the future

iSign

I'm sure you spent a few bucks making the site...

why don't you just for out a little coin over here before marketing to us?

ChicagoGraphics

I can see the customers having to cut out the grommets before sending them back to be recycled. (yeah right).

All this GREEN stuff is just a bunch of BS!

I through all my solvent waste in green grass, does that make me green?

Pat Whatley

Just wondering....are there actual requirements out there for a business to call itself "green"? If I take a couple of cardboard cores down to the recycling plant can I be a green business?

CanuckSigns

Just wondering....are there actual requirements out there for a business to call itself "green"? If I take a couple of cardboard cores down to the recycling plant can I be a green business?

As far as I know there is absolutely no requirements to call yourself green.

We have a few suppliers who are sending their invoices by email and trying to put a green spin on it (saving trees), but in reality they are only interested in saving postage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwashing

njohnston

I figured I'd get these types of responses from all the industry folks. And we know that nothing is truly 100% "green". But we're just trying to offer people an alternative. Most will not be willing to pay a couple bucks more. However, more and more businesses are being required to favor "green" over traditional even if it costs a bit more. Mostly for good PR. So they can say they're advertising green now.

Whatever the reason, if someone is looking to be just a little "greener" with their signs, we want to help.

qmr55

I figured I'd get these types of responses from all the industry folks. And we know that nothing is truly 100% "green". But we're just trying to offer people an alternative. Most will not be willing to pay a couple bucks more. However, more and more businesses are being required to favor "green" over traditional even if it costs a bit more. Mostly for good PR. So they can say they're advertising green now.

Whatever the reason, if someone is looking to be just a little "greener" with their signs, we want to help.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/payments.php

SignManiac

The Green movement never got off the ground so to speak. It's been more of a PR buzzword these past few years. A lot of companies jumped on i,t but I doubt any save the planet benefits have come of it. I know personally, I am not swayed by anyone claiming to be a green company.

A man does not change his spots and we as a race are hell bent on destroying the planet. That will not likely change.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I agree, however, don't try to make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy about saving the environment, it's purely a cost saving measure.

no paper used to print invoice, no envelope, no stamp

multipled by hundreds or thousands of invoices

multipled by the number of people who switch to this method

multipled by the number of years that pass until everyone is doing it.

30 years from now, no one will print an invoice and mail it.

add up the paper not being wasted then and you will have saved something.

it's not rocket science, as much as it's hard to image a future, it's there.....

Mosh

My and opossum both got a little puke in the back of our throats when we went there,he never let's me know normally but he did this time...