• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

newbie from tx diving in head first.

ccuddey

Haha and that's where it turned nasty...

I have in no way shape or form been ignorant, irrogant, or disrespectful. I asked for some help trying to get a printer working. So that maybe a newbie could start a business with as little upstart capital as possible. To me that just makes business sense. So calling me a backyard hack really makes sense.

I'm in no way trying to take food off someone elses table. I am trying to save money on some of my own race graphics and possibly save some other racers on theirs. And if all that goes successfully venturing into other markets such as sign making, full vehicle wraps and so on.

I'm not sure if asking some questions on a printer has anything to do with my ability to start, run and be successful at this business. I'm taking this very serious and I was trying to get that point accross by saying that I am willing to learn and do all the hard work necessary to be a valuable business and have good quality to show for it. If they came off as irrogant I apologize. I just know I wouldn't want to take my time to give up information to someone that would just be lazy with it and not head the advice. But so far the only advice I have gotten has been to give up now because I'm a failure for even trying to ask for help.

But every forum loves a good keyboard hero. Someone that is the first to jump in with criticism about how some newbie is not doing it the way they would so they must be wrong. So go ahead and ram it down my throat it doesn't bother me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haha and that's where it turned nasty...

I have in no way shape or form been ignorant, irrogant, or disrespectful. I asked for some help trying to get a printer working. So that maybe a newbie could start a business with as little upstart capital as possible. To me that just makes business sense. So calling me a backyard hack really makes sense.

I'm in no way trying to take food off someone elses table. I am trying to save money on some of my own race graphics and possibly save some other racers on theirs. And if all that goes successfully venturing into other markets such as sign making, full vehicle wraps and so on.

I'm not sure if asking some questions on a printer has anything to do with my ability to start, run and be successful at this business. I'm taking this very serious and I was trying to get that point accross by saying that I am willing to learn and do all the hard work necessary to be a valuable business and have good quality to show for it. If they came off as irrogant I apologize. I just know I wouldn't want to take my time to give up information to someone that would just be lazy with it and not head the advice. But so far the only advice I have gotten has been to give up now because I'm a failure for even trying to ask for help.

But every forum loves a good keyboard hero. Someone that is the first to jump in with criticism about how some newbie is not doing it the way they would so they must be wrong. So go ahead and ram it down my throat it doesn't bother me.

Ahhh....... so sorry you took this all the wrong way. Nothing has turned nasty. You're just inventing that emotion all on your own.

We were all trying to help, but you kept up the irrogant requests and responses, you just came across as a hack..... or wannabe hack.

Believe me, I'm no hero, not here or anywhere else. I do however, want to ask you a basic question..... based upon your own words, requests and yes, even your own title to your own thread :

Didn't your mama ever tell ya not to dive head first into the shallow end of the pool ??

Let's just say, you've been given plenty of good advice, but you choose to ignore it. How would you handle someone who doesn't have a clue, while foundering around in the deep end of the pool ??

For me, I'd jump in and pull him/her to safety.
I'd throw a life preserver.
I'd get others to help me if you were too big for me to handle alone.
I would not give up on you.

My take with you is quite simple...... you hit at me and push me away.
You want someone to throw you an anchor.
You won't receive the help it's meant to be.
You refuse to acknowledge you're even drowning.

Well irrogant one, I ain't gonna tread water all day for you and you eventually grab hold and take me down with you.

I know enough when to quit and go where needed.

Never did I tell you to stop. In fact, I said you had what it takes to start a business, just not the smarts. I gave you advice on how to get into the business easier than jumping head/feet first without being reckless. Did I tell you to stick to driving your go-kart or what it is you drive all around the country ?? Nope.

Good luck, you're gonna need it.​

mark in tx

I'm in no way trying to take food off someone elses table.

I am trying to save money on some of my own race graphics and possibly save some other racers on theirs.

Yes, you are taking food off someone elses table.
Because you think you can do it cheaper than someone else.

Well, maybe you are discovering this is not a cheap business to get into if you want to make a living.
You bought a crapped out printer and want to fix it.
Instead of just hiring a qualified tech to repair the machine and paying the price, you figured that you can get on the internet and find the info for free.
Well, how's that working out for you?

Just want to give you a personal anecdote, I have been in the sign business coming up on 10 years now. In my town alone, there have been 8 other sign companies that have opened and closed within 1 year just in the past 5 years. Some of them were opened by former customers, some of them were people that quit or were fired from other sign shops. All of them thought they would be successful by being lower priced than everyone else.

So, if you really want to make this into a successful business, I would suggest you don't **** off the people around here, especially by telling people your only got into this to save yourself and your friends money. People have invested their lives in this and don't appreciate it being devalued by someone who wants ****ty race car stickers for cheap.

ccuddey

I need to start using the quotes feature because I'm guessing everything I'm saying is being directed as I'm taking to someone individually.

But regardless of all that I am not trying to **** anyone off. I came here for help knowing good and well the people here have more knowledge then me.

Again me trying to receive advice is translated into me all of a sudden making sh*** race car graphics.

As I read some of my posts I can see where it sounds like I might be a bit irrogant or ignorant to the fact that I bought a crappy printer and wanted to fix it for cheap. But advice on the printer was all I was seeking and was trying to show the members here but giving some of my background, goals and ideas on how I was building my company and where I wanted to take it would show you guys that I was taking it serious. In no way shape or form was I trying to indicate that I didn't need your advice and that I wouldn't appreciate it because I agree free advice isn't something everyone should expect. As I noted in my original post I called mutoh for a tech to fix my printer heads but he declined to even try. So I've heard people cleaning them themselves and asked for advice on how to do that. No different then someone buying a capped out chevy with a bad engine and the dealer telling you the engine can't be fixed it has to be replaced when all it has is a bad head gasket. So you go to a forum to ask people for advice on how to change a head gasket becuase you have never done it before. You explain that your not a mechanic by trade but your willing to go to school and buy the proper tools needed to do the job so that you can be the best mechanic you can be. You explain that your good with your hands and will figure it out but that came off as irrogant. And when you don't want to scrap the truck that comes off as ignorant.

I'm not talking to anyone specifIcally here. I have had some good advice and some just straight up dumb **** thrown my way on here and through private message. I meant no disrespect and think it's best we let bygones be bygones. I will get the printer going one way or the other. When I do I will share with the forum how I did, so someone in the future can research this thread and hopefully get some useful information out of it when their printer starts acting up without having to post a new thread and go through a lot of the berating that a newbie takes on.

To all a good day.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Welcome from Omaha!

Don't put a wall of words up like I often do. You'll find you don't get the response you want.

ccuddey

Fire Im originally from Lincoln. Omaha is my backyard.

I did not notice the mutoh devoted section. I did a search before posting searching for the mutoh toucan lt specifically. What I've come to learn is the mutoh toucan lt is like no other mutoh printer. I've seen things listed for sale like a capping station or inks or pumps etc. That are listed as working for any mutoh printer. When I call and ask if it specifically fits the toucan the response is always the same. They do not fit. Apparently the support for these printers Is few and far between. However every part is for these printers are still made you just have to make sure it's ordered correctly and don't take the word of the description that it fits any mutoh printer.

I have incoming and ordered.

Caps
heads
cleaning solution
wipers
maitenance pumps

Still trying to figure out the ink situation. Again a lot of the ink carts state they are for any mutoh but when I call and ask specifically for the toucan then the response is it doesn't fit.

I am debating between going with the oem cartridges. Nothing special just plug and play. And the triangle ink bulk system. Which from any review I've read is worth the while. I figured once I got everything else in order I would focus on ink.

Sorry for not posting in the right section I honestly thought my questions where newbie section material. I've always heard about these dx4 heads getting clogged and thought the answers or places to send them to get cleaned would be abundant.

ccuddey

I went oem with the parts.

The oem ink is actually hard to find for the toucan. I've only seen one place sell the actual oem. It is 189 per 220ml cartridge plus shipping x 12 cartridges. 6 color x 2 cart per color. Is that a reasonable price? Seems way higher comared to roland and the vj series.

ccuddey

I was leaning towards bulk as well. The price difference is substantial and from the reviews I've read triangle is actually better then oem.