• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie Need help with EASYSIGN software

1974 RX-4

Hi to everyone,recently I bougth something I think was a very good deal, Master XY 380P,Easysign software,Corel Draw 12(both software never register),8 rolls of vinyl,extra blades,CD with 80,000 corporates logos,CD clip art, etc for $400.00.The problem is when I install the software,also I install the compatibility program but is only goes up to Coreldraw 11.I try to import something and it won`t accepted,the other problem is I don`t have all the tools available to use, like the drag mode and some others, there is something weird when I click on the easysign program you can see all the features are in black and then in a few seconds they change and turn to that pale color and they are not available.Do I need to buy a new software? and don`t waiste time with this one,also if anybody know if there a program for learn how to price the jobs.Any help will be deep apreciated.

Sign Prophet

good luck getting that to work. A couple of us have been down that road and I for one was happy to get rid of my boat anchor plotter. Corel is a good program but I have never heard of easy sign. I hope all goes well for you and good luck.

1974 RX-4

Wow great, thanks Michael I will do that rigth now,why I keep a 6 months old perfect working conditions plotter with warranty and tech support, a lot of good costumers happy with no complaints? what I was thinking? tomorrow first thing in the morning I will go to the bank and ask for a loan so I can buy me a $4,000 new graphtec.I`m pretty sure they are automatic, cut by their self, you don`t need to learn nothing or press any button, also buy me a $600.00 software that also you don`t need to know how it works becuase the program will install automatic and read your mind.So afther I spend maybe $10,000 or more on top of the line equipment I can put it here for sale for $3,000.....like Stan. wait before I forget I was reading a book that I think you wrote: How to buy a $10,000 top of the line sign making equipment with no money,no credit,no loans,no experience........no kidding and as bonus no extra charge how to become rich in one day :p

1974 RX-4

Thanks Sign Prophet, but I`m cancel my registration on this forum I know I can find some good advice in a forum just for the low budget no experience persons.I have the impression that this one is for Experts and proud owners of ONLY top of the line equipment.

Craig Sjoquist

OUCH ..... 1974 RX-4 before you get bent, lets have a good laugh,.. knows what your going through ... not to worry all is ok ...
..... just look up coreldraw n easysign n get updated drivers etc. needed ......
it's obvious something is missing so do a little more research
surely this maybe a un heard of software here might very well be a good one
so fo not give up ..research maybe add more clues to why or what etc. why it's not working ..gladly help if I can as others will
freedom is not free

bluttr

Thanks Sign Prophet, but I`m cancel my registration on this forum I know I can find some good advice in a forum just for the low budget no experience persons.I have the impression that this one is for Experts and proud owners of ONLY top of the line equipment.

I have a Master plotter and have been using it for doing side jobs and about 5-10 race cars a year for the last 3 years. I honestly haven't had a single problem. I am sure if I was using it EVERYDAY in a full-time shop, there may be problems, but this thing seems to work great for me.

AS for software, I am using a program called CiberCut. It is relatively inexpensive and does about 99.9% of the things need. http://www.signpile.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=286&idproduct=9804

Trust me, there is a lot of help here for every level of expertise. Sometimes it can be frustrating, but hang in there. Once you learn the basics, it gets easier.

1974 RX-4

Thanks Craig, and Bluttr later on if I can e-mail you to talk a little about the race cars I have a lot of friends including my self that we are in the drag racing hobby and they want me to do their cars.Sure I will check that program.thanks again

Sign Prophet

Take it easy Bro. I was just telling you from personal experience. I started my business with a master plotter, And it worked ok until I started to use the crap out of it. Customer service is great if you understand chinese with some broken english thrown in there. Yes Good plotters are expensive and so is the software that runs them. If you are going to run a business without having to worry about your equipment failing in the middle of a job, Then buy decent equipment. You get what you pay for Bro and thats all I am saying because I have been down that road. Sorry if I offended you.

Techman

LEt me apologise for some of the answers. You are not the first to suffer a failing machine and software and you will not be the last.
But, many of us are really getting fatigued watching person suffer with amature level software and casual use grade machines.

People post on how good they have it using machines meant for casual use, and they post on how good some basic level software does the job for them.

Laster some other user comes in reads all that and gets some casual level equipment and amatur level software for himself and the cycle starts all over again.

ITs to the point some of us simply gloss over posts tith those same problems that appear over and over again. Some simply fire off a post out of frrustration.

Others with experience using low lever stuff will post the truth that so often new users hate to hear but ignor ethinking they will not be the one to suffer.

Amature level software and casual use machines should be rated as such. Just like restaurants. Top line Summa, Anagraph, Graphtec, Gerber, Roland and a few other top grade machines should get five stars. Middle use Graphtecs and Rolands get fewer stars. Lower level true casual use machines should get two stars.

Until that day comes many of us who have been around since the beginning of machine cutting will just shake our heads when we see some one brag about their great cheap equipement,, knowing some one else will see that, purchase more of it,, only to later plead for assistance over some failings of that amature software and casual level machine.

For every one you see bragging how good he has it and hwo little he spent oh his stuff... There are dozons more quietly laughing under their breath, shaking their heads and thinking yup there is another one falling for the traps.

OldPaint

YA KNOW YOU YOUNGINS.....alway come in here with less the the most inteligent posts.....THEN GET YOUR UNDIES IN BUNDLE....when some takes a shot at ya.
now....SINCE YOUR SO BRITE as to make such a good deal........YA EVEN THINK OF LOOKING HERE?????
http://www.easysign.com/mainwebv1/support.aspx
SINCE YOU NEED TO REGISTER THE SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!
ill bet dollars to dog-nuts that you find an update for your problem.....now can we be of futher assistance......)))))))))))

1974 RX-4

Well I don`t know why a simple question turn this way when the answer was simple...buy new equipment and sofware.I apologize to everybody for bring my crap equipment here and nonsense questions,won`t happen again but you know what!,we go to race on sundays and wednesday and you see this people with their $75,000 big blocks chevy`s and ford`s and talking how much money they spend and the horse power blablabla, at the end of the day they come to us and ask how a 1.3 two rotor engine can beat them when they have all the toys on it? the answer is simple..... IS NOT THE ARROW IS THE INDIAN :)

Pro Image

Lets use you comparrion of motors..........The High dollar Graphtecs and Rolands are your finely tuned rotory........the Chiness plotter you bought is a 2.8 out of a 1988 S-10 truck with 200,000 miles on it.......

Most of these people who are trying to help you out have been in the business for a long time.......They have seen it all. If your serious about learning the trade then like on your RX spend the money to go FAST!

OldPaint

you aint in SARASOTA ARE YOU?????????used to live ther and there was a guy who did only work on the wankels...
he did a lot of racing....but NEVER DID HE HAVE ME DO ANY GRAPHICS FOR HIM.....

goodoldboy

Hi I have used a Master cutter and EasySign for years. The plotter is a cheaper model but it does a good job and has give me little trouble. I was trained by a friend and we used his roland which cost more than twice as much as the Master and it did NOT do a better job. The EasySign software that came with the Master is a lite version and does not include all the features of the full version. The company wants you to pay extra for those extra features. What i do and have done for years is use Corel or autoCad for the design work. I then export the file out as a EPS or DFX and the light version of easySign will import it just fine. It takes a few seconds but it is no big deal i have real good luck doing this and if i don't stretch it once it is in EasySign then things come out to scale. Some people seem to think there work is just better if they spend too much on equipment and software... Don't listen to them draw in Corel or any other vector software save as a EPS or DXF and cut and above all have fun.. By the way i used it mostly for fun for several years. Now that i lost my manufacturing job to a plant closing the Master cutter has really helped me make ends meet. For what you gave for it you will get many fold of return on your investment.
Have fun
Jack