• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie to site, 30 yrs in biz, with plotter issue and printer envy.

Splattgraphics

I think I'm going to like this site, what a resource. So, I run a normally bulletproof Summa T-60 plotter, and Gerber Omega software. Just today, the plotter stopped cutting. The job goes to the plot spooler, then sits a bit and disappears while the plotter just idles. I haven't made any changes for years. I'd just like a rundown on how to generally troubleshoot this situation. Also, does anyone love, or hate, the Summa thermal printers out there? They sound like what I should run, so I wouldn't also need a laminator in my small shop, am I right?

decalman

Lets give you a welcome to signs 101
:Welcome:

Not having backup sign equipment is a catastrophe if something breaks.
The Summa.s seem to be calling you? I have never heard anyone complain about the Summa stuff . They are good equipment. Maybe talk to Phil Johnson.
I wish you the best on this.

FatCat

If you think its a problem with the Summa, call Summa directly. They are immensely helpful, and have answered every question I have ever asked them with prompt, accurate information.

If you think it's a software issue, (more likely) then I suggest downloading WinPlot directly from Summa and trying to cut from that. Sorry, I don't know much about Gerber software...

Welcome.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Call Summa support; I think your plotter is just confused and you're speaking the wrong language to it.
Ours did that exact same thing recently and a tech walked the other guy here on how to fix it in a couple minutes.