• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Cast Wrap Film?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I can't find any of my regular go to material that is in stock, what is everyone using for wraps and printed vehicle graphics?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
A 3M distibutor forwarded me a note from 3M big guys and they say stocking levels will begin to stabilize around mid-September when I asked about some 2080 wrap film. But that was before the new - 'it's really really going to kill us all this time Omega Variant' started making all the talk shows, so who knows.

jfiscus

Rap Master
The 3M guys were in our shop yesterday with news that supply levels are still gonna be iffy over the next YEAR probably as long as certain resins are in short supply. Supposedly next year they'll have another production line going in Europe, so that'll take the load off their US plant some. They said "if you see vinyl available and you're going to need it in the next few months buy it now". Everyone in the industry is busier than ever and the demand is outweighing the production (and their plant has tons of workers out on Covid related leave). Also of note is that there will be a shortage of colored vinyl in the less-used colors, as they only have the ability to produce so many they will focus on some more than others.

We are buying a combination of 3M and Avery products currently due to availability, and have a ton of rolls "on order" for going on a month now. You are only going to be getting 54" rolls for the foreseeable future; 60", 48", 36" printable rolls aren't going to be seen for the next year. We've also been buying a lot of 60" laminates and slitting them to 54". Call all of your distributors and see who has what in stock, every day.

rjssigns

Arlon 6000xrp/3220 gloss is our go to. Last time I ordered it had to come from New Jersey instead of Milwaukee which took days. Never had an issue before.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I've been having problems with certain colors and it's time consuming trying to find replacements or going to multiple vendors. Hope it levels off soon

Chriswagner92

I've been trying to find some 3635-222 or 5590-122 for a month now... I was told this week that 3m is backordered with no eta, and the Arlon was 12 weeks out

jfiscus

Rap Master
We ordered 20 rolls of 3M 180c in within the past week from Grimco, was able to even score some 48" rolls. It's out there, but you have to call everyone to find it.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We ordered 20 rolls of 3M 180c in within the past week from Grimco, was able to even score some 48" rolls. It's out there, but you have to call everyone to find it.

I've been waiting 2 months for a Ij180cv3/8518 bundle from Grimco. (Canada) Luckily we're also stocking Avery bundles (when we can get them) and we haven't needed much of the 3M stuff lately, but still crazy.

What used to be a phone-call and 5 min drive away, is now 2-3 months with no guarantees.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I've been waiting 2 months for a Ij180cv3/8518 bundle from Grimco. (Canada) Luckily we're also stocking Avery bundles (when we can get them) and we haven't needed much of the 3M stuff lately, but still crazy.

What used to be a phone-call and 5 min drive away, is now 2-3 months with no guarantees.
You have that right! So much extra time spent finding materials (especially apparel) then checking delivery times, checking tracking numbers to see when you can expect to put things into production. Can't rely on tracking numbers and shipping anymore. I order something off Amazon and 2 day shipping turned into 6 days. Same with some shirts I ordered last Monday...ended up delayed and late. Nothing seems guaranteed anymore. Some customers understand, others seem oblivious to what is going on in the world.