• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Parking sign

Shadowglen

Sorry John I now understand the 8:46 pm reference. And sorry I missed your attached files from yesterday I thought they were part of your footer I just now looked back at your post I thought you were simply telling me to change the size all I was seeing was the 18x24
Sorry for misunderstanding. The reason I dislike texting and emails it is easy to miss something or take something the wrong way with out the actual benefit of the voice. Thank you and I do appreciate the advice and layout.

Dave

Shadowglen

Wow Nice! I have signed up and have been looking around at the graphics John. Lots of valuable images that will save lots of time. Thank you very much. I hope to also contribute as time goes on.

Dave

Pat Whatley

What everyone else said.....contact the city and find out what the requirements are to have someone towed. Then call a towing company and find one who will tow at your demand and impound the cars and make the car owner pay all the fees. Then go tell the computer shop that you're going to start towing their customers.

Tow them if you can....or buy your own boot kit, boot them and charge them for removal. Your tenants won't mind walking a block or two if they're getting $25 every time it happens.

Bigcat_hunter

Needs to be short simple and threatening. Not parking related but here I some Iv'e made.

Attachments

• WARNING-THERE-IS.jpg
    WARNING-THERE-IS.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 60
  • NO-SOLICITING.jpg
    NO-SOLICITING.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 69
  • 911.jpg
    911.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 98

Bigcat_hunter

...and try to avoid using red and black touching, there is absolutely no contrast in most cases.

Iv'e never noticed that before. When you look at them close up it 'pops" but at a distance there is almost no contrast! Then again people are not looking at these 1' x 1" thumbnails!

Last edited:

Jillbeans

As a general rule, if you have to squint to read the sign as a thumbnail, you may want to re-think the layout/colors etc.

Tom Dalton

Shadowglen,

Your design doesn't provide the name of the towing company and it doesn't provide their phone number. In our area, you've got to use 1.5" letters (minimum) and you've got to list the towing company and their phone number to legally have a car towed. It is kind of a double standard because none of the official road department "no parking signs" have anything about who will tow the car. That rule is only for private property owners.

For Illinois, see section Sec. 18d-130 at...
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/

1. BEFORE TOWING, A WRITTEN DISCLOSURE STATING THE NAME OF THE TOWING AND STORAGE SERVICE, ITS BUSINESS ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER, AND THE ADDRESS WHERE THE VEHICLE WAS TO BE TOWED.

2. BEFORE TOWING, THE PRICE OF ALL CHARGES FOR THE TOWING AND STORAGE OF YOUR VEHICLE.

The first line of each sign shall be in letters not less than 1.5 inches in height, and the remaining lines shall be in letters not less than one-half inch in height.
(Source: P.A. 95-562, eff. 7-1-08.)

I've seen other states that have a 2" minimum and frequently the city (or county) will have larger letter size requirements than the state.

-Tom

http://www.signsdirect.com