• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Noob from Wisconsin

Scratch

& Sniff
Hi all, just found your forum and am looking to learn some new stuff. I've had a CNC plasma cutting table for about 12 years and a vinyl plotter for about 3 years. Am excited to learn some new ideas on sign making. Thanks for approving me!

Scratch

& Sniff
I make a lot of basic single layer signs for private customers like this:
59768465_10218279055183040_3732232683648974848_n.jpg 68809558_10219075524094265_7794703207959101440_n.jpg 110189172_10222427857380502_2593431002400863129_n.jpg

and I also do some layered signs like this all metal one about 3' wide:
49339034_10217352111130018_5649592714073735168_n.jpg

Scratch

& Sniff
Yeah, some nice stuff there.

Everytime I look at your avatar, I think ya need to add....... 'and sniff'.

Thanks!

You're probably not going to believe this but I have a tattoo that says exactly what you're thinking, and it would be visible in my avatar...
Hence the nickname "Scratch" for the past 20 years or so.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, now I f*ckin' know more than I wanted to know. I just wanted to see the words written on your avatar...... N O T the the story behind the picture....... or under it.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Thanks!

You're probably not going to believe this but I have a tattoo that says exactly what you're thinking, and it would be visible in my avatar...
Hence the nickname "Scratch" for the past 20 years or so.
In your settings, you can change "new member" to & Sniff ... or whatever you want. but "& Sniff" would be funny

Scratch

& Sniff
Thank the gods, a plasma guy who doesn't put screws through his letter faces. Local guy here hasn't seemed to figure out how to mount anything without throughbolting, same for the waterjet guy. Nothing hurts worse than seeing 1" thick stainless steel cut into letters with holes for studs. Had to keep my trap shut, lest they try to hone in on more of my local work.
Nice stuff!
Yeah, I hate that too. I weld studs or bolts on the back, use adhesives and sometimes even magnets. I'm always looking for new ideas on how to attach layers.

garyroy

Sweet looking products. You're a sign guy with a hefty dash of artist thrown in. Lookin' good.
Thanks for sharing. :thumb:
BTW, that's that gizmo with the lights and gears and meter on it? An apple corer?

Boudica

Sweet looking products. You're a sign guy with a hefty dash of artist thrown in. Lookin' good.
BTW, that's that gizmo with the lights and gears and meter on it? An apple corer?
A steampunk belt sander?

Scratch

& Sniff
Yes, it's a steampunk belt sander. I needed a belt sander and always wanted to do "something" in steampunk, so I figured I'd combine the two! One of the more fun projects I've ever done. Best part is, I didn't have to watch a customer pick it up and take it away! It also rotates 90 degrees.

000.jpg

Boudica

Yes, it's a steampunk belt sander. I needed a belt sander and always wanted to do "something" in steampunk, so I figured I'd combine the two! One of the more fun projects I've ever done. Best part is, I didn't have to watch a customer pick it up and take it away!
Hey, where's my first place
Rating for getting that right?!