• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Not quite sure how I feel about this....................... ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, for years we have a mail person delivering and it's almost always someone different every few days. I think it's a tough route and they start newbies out on it. Anyway, we've had the same one for a few months now and he isn't really doing that gooda job. Not sure if it's his fault or where they separate it. What's happening is, we constantly get other peoples' mail and it's not just a piece, but sometimes many pieces for someone across the street or 1/2 block away or right behind us. I end up taking t to them. I've never had anyone bring anything into me by mistake. Makes me wonder if any of my mail is ever just thrown out ??

Anyway, like I said, it's been the same guy for a while now. Here's the thing. He always has his earplugs going to the point, I can hear who he's talking to or listening to. It's almost always a phone call, not a radio station. Does this mean, he's not paying attention to his job, but just gabbing away on the phone totally while he's at work ?? Is this why there's so much wrong mail ??

Don't know if this is a legit gripe or just a touchy subject with people not paying attention to their work while working ??

:covereyes:

a77

Legit gripe. We have the problem sometimes too. We receive cheques for our neighbours and of course we always give to them. Do they do the same?

Makes you think, when a customer says "I swear to god I mailed that cheque 12 days ago!!!" I've heard that many times... but I have to give them the benfit of the doubt, as it's very possible my neighbour got it... was too lazy to give to me.

I would hold the mail and catch the mailperson next time and give them all the mail that's not for you... with a smile, ask if we can do a better job?

gnubler

7FI8I1BBEcxxEAIh4SHbylyMJXFhCLms992Lpm91Je-W7XudJYKUZLsMaM45sDi3-cnyUEUubcYqh7O5AP6NvnxRpP9caFMZEhD43GpMj5eOAeidyb8LDoZN3smFq-5UDm--Lrwr

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
For the life of me, I don't know what these grown adults can possibly talk to and about on the phone all day long. The guy shouldn't be driving around with earbuds in either. I don't let employees use them, it's a safety issue.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
We have a similar dilemma.
Our mailbox is in front of another business about 100 yd from our building and we can't see it.
Sometimes on weekends the new drivers can't figure out what building to go to so they just leave the package on top of the mailbox or leave the package sticking 1/2 way out of the mailbox if it doesn't quite fit. Anyone walking by can just pick up the package and walk away and no one would know since it is on a main road with heavy traffic.
Our regular guy is great, he even comes by if there is no mail on billing day to pick up the invoices to save me a trip to the post office.
I have complained to the local post office about the fill in drivers but they go thru so many that it is not worth the effort anymore.

Johnny Best

It’s not a good job, just good retirement. Our mail person is always on their phone also, talking loud and laughing about something. They sort the mail for them to deliver and they do not check it to make sure they are delivering the right mail. The days of the Norman Rockwell’s postman is gone. Replaced by Rasta and nappy people and bearded guys.

signage

Gino you have been around long enough to know what is going on! look at the post about Permit or Pass!

This is most likely be driven our POTUS or new postmaster general! I have spoken to other that are experiencing the same thing with USPS.

Last edited:

gnubler

I hate to be the rainbow here, but all of my mail/shipping people are great. The FedEx drivers are always friendly, one of them even ordered a sign from me once.

Back in the olden days my mother used to make cherry cake around Christmas every year and leave one in the mailbox for our mailman. Pretty sure that never happens anymore either.

Stacey K

I like making signs
This happened to me with the last person that lived in my house. This is what I did...write with red sharpie: WRONG ADDRESS or WRONG PERSON large on the envelope. Do this a few times and it will make more work for him and he won't keep doing it. In the beginning I put a smile face under it. After a while I didn't lol

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My brother in law started at the USPS at the beginning of this year and he said it's very hard work.... but he's new so he gets stuck with the ghetto routes where they have to walk instead of driving the truck because the houses are so old they don't have mailboxes.... maybe if you would of worked harder you could afford a nicer neighborhood and you'll get better mail service.

ProSignTN

After my mother passed, I went online to forward her mail to me. I accidentally signed up for an email showing what was scanned and scheduled to be delivered daily. Maybe this service (free, at least since July of 2020) would help. I love it as I can see that morning what bills or checks are coming that day.

KoorsSigns

After my mother passed, I went online to forward her mail to me. I accidentally signed up for an email showing what was scanned and scheduled to be delivered daily. Maybe this service (free, at least since July of 2020) would help. I love it as I can see that morning what bills or checks are coming that day.
The service is called Informed Delivery. It is invaluable for seeing what should come and doesn't...

SignosaurusRex

This is exactly why many businesses go for the "Post Office Box" option over direct delivery. While the former option may cost a little and be a pain in the arse, one must choose their battles in the quest for peace of mind. If you seem to be stuck with a real "tool" as your delivery person, it might be time for a little "creative polishing". When done properly, it can sometimes produce amazing results.

Last edited:

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
i had this happening to me.
I had good ommercial neighbors so we would bring each others mail to one another. Always important because we’re waiting for checks to arrive.
After a few months I went down to the post office, met with the manager and told him about it.
Got a new mailman and it hasn’t happened since then.

RICHARD SIMMONS

So, for years we have a mail person delivering and it's almost always someone different every few days. I think it's a tough route and they start newbies out on it. Anyway, we've had the same one for a few months now and he isn't really doing that gooda job. Not sure if it's his fault or where they separate it. What's happening is, we constantly get other peoples' mail and it's not just a piece, but sometimes many pieces for someone across the street or 1/2 block away or right behind us. I end up taking t to them. I've never had anyone bring anything into me by mistake. Makes me wonder if any of my mail is ever just thrown out ??

Anyway, like I said, it's been the same guy for a while now. Here's the thing. He always has his earplugs going to the point, I can hear who he's talking to or listening to. It's almost always a phone call, not a radio station. Does this mean, he's not paying attention to his job, but just gabbing away on the phone totally while he's at work ?? Is this why there's so much wrong mail ??

Don't know if this is a legit gripe or just a touchy subject with people not paying attention to their work while working ??

:covereyes:
An opinion: Wouldn't it be a good idea to mark with big letters on each post box? I mean, just to see if the postman is not leaving papers in the wrong place !! :p

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The neighborhood for the most part is not ghetto, but just all over the place. The area has residential, commercial and light industry. The mail carrier hasta go all over the place. Some driving up and down roads and driveways and some walking from place to place. We all have our own doors with mails slots or they come inside and put the mail on a counter. My whole point was these people are supposed to be paying attention to the mail, not having conversations about their home life, who they're gonna score with or getting the grocery list. Okay, so once in a while it might happen, but this is every day. Not like it's a scheduled event, cause they show up anywhere between 10:30 & 4:00 and they're always talking or listenimg. I can hear the other person most of the time. Not only is it an annoyance to me, but it can't be safe driving around like that. They just aren't paying attention and the proof is, I get all kindsa other mail.

netsol

services have gone to hell, they were never great to begin with. they are busy now subsidizing that poor hard working jeff bezos fellow.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The neighborhood for the most part is not ghetto, but just all over the place. The area has residential, commercial and light industry. The mail carrier hasta go all over the place. Some driving up and down roads and driveways and some walking from place to place. We all have our own doors with mails slots or they come inside and put the mail on a counter. My whole point was these people are supposed to be paying attention to the mail, not having conversations about their home life, who they're gonna score with or getting the grocery list. Okay, so once in a while it might happen, but this is every day. Not like it's a scheduled event, cause they show up anywhere between 10:30 & 4:00 and they're always talking or listenimg. I can hear the other person most of the time. Not only is it an annoyance to me, but it can't be safe driving around like that. They just aren't paying attention and the proof is, I get all kindsa other mail.
Sounds like a bad route... the senior letter carriers get routes where they don't have to leave the truck. They leave all the walking to the new recruits. My brother in law only answered his phone when he's at work...go figure

unclebun

When it happens I take the misdelivered mail to the post office and tell them. Our town is small enough that they know where we are, where the mailboxes are, and who we are.

jimbug72

Maybe this service (free, at least since July of 2020) would help. I love it as I can see that morning what bills or checks are coming that day.
Mail seems fine here at the shop, but starting abut a year and a half ago, the delivery at home has been terrible. I think something happened to our usual route guy and now they just use random contractor "subs" to do our route so delivery times and quality is extremely random. Some times our mail is delivered to our house, sometimes to the neighbors house, and sometimes it's just marked as undeliverable and sent back to the sender.

I get the email of scanned letters coming and like to play a little game I call, "Which of these items will actually be in the mailbox today?" Since the items always arrive eventually, except when it's something time sensitive or something I've ordered that I've excited to get my hands on, I generally think it's pretty funny. The steam that shoots out of the wife's ears every time it happens indicates she and I don't always share the same sense of humor.

Received one package almost 2 months after the company shipped the replacement product. Our post office is pretty small so I wonder where that one had been sitting for that long unnoticed.