• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not sure how to work this is this a copyright infringement?

Nuagedesigns

Have a local school that came in looking for a full size cutout of the stars of the Disney movie High School Musical for an upcoming school dance.

#1. Is this a no do job due to copyright infringement?

#2. If not where can I locate and purchase some good Hi Res pics of these people?

Thankyou in advance for any any all response to my post.

threeputt

Unless you have written permission from the Disney people, there's no way you can use any likeness associated with that movie.

Having said that, is it done? Yes. Of course. Are you sticking your chin out there, yes. I don't know how aggressive they would be on something like this where you're not trying to market the images and make a lot of money.

But getting paid to do this job would qualify as making money from their efforts. Donating the work would still illegal.

Davidson Signs

I would say that would be infringement.

I redid some Hells Bay boat logos for a captain here a while back, you can get their logo very easily, and had a phone call at the shop a few days later. Don't know how, who, what or why they knew I did it but they weren't happen.

Never did that again.

MrKoob

Disney has gone after the "little guy" before, and will. You need to verify if they the school, and you (the printer) have permission.

Shovelhead

ahhhhhhh....but is the reproduction of the actor playing the part
of a Disney character or the photo itself?? :rolleyes:
Ever since Disney World/Land started hosting "alternative lifestyle" weddings
on premesis....I've poo-pooed them!!!!!!! :cool:
...but then again, I don't print.

Flame

ahhhhhhh....but is the reproduction of the actor playing the part
of a Disney character or the photo itself?? :rolleyes:
Ever since Disney World/Land started hosting "alternative lifestyle" weddings
on premesis....I've poo-pooed them!!!!!!! :cool:
...but then again, I don't print.

WHAT? Alternative weddings at Disney????????

Messed up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Minnie and Daisy are dating and Goofy has been found checking out Dopey.... however, no one really knows what Goofy really is.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, my whole problem with this is….. Walt !! Where on earth did he ever get the idea that a mouse was the same size as a duck ?? or a dwarf ?? And if the dwarves are the same size as Thumper…. I know, I know….. different story and I digress, but my point is, Walt must’ve been ‘Alice’ in his own mind and was on all kinds of drugs because the mice in Cinderella were small compared to Mickey and….. just, where’s the consistency ?? No wonder Disneyland and World doesn’t know right from wrong and is getting all out of whack. They were screwed up from the start back in the 20’s.

Anyway, two or more wrongs don’t make it right.​

Don’t get yourself or the school in trouble because of their ideas… or lack of… about copyrights. :wink:

WVB

To be safe you really need permission... However, how many of these schools have the permission to use the College/Pro mascots as their own..? Here we have Randall High which utilizes the Raiders logo, Caprock High utilizes UT - Longhorns as their own. The list goes on and on...

As to the whole Disney World/Land this is no secret that they are pro alternative lifestyles. The Majority of their employees who wear the mascots outfits are gay. Its no secret that certain days during certain months are alternative lifestyle day. They just never advertised it.

mark in tx

A question about copyright infringement.

Which turned into Disney and gays?

Some of y'all have issues.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Rhino

My local music/cd store has card board cut-outs of popular movies and such. IMO, yes copyright infringement..

Nuagedesigns

Thanks everyone for the replieys and comical derailment. IMO I was along the same lines as either go buy a big poster or sorry but I can't print this for you. Thanks again figured I'd put it out there since many of you have delt with this stuff before. :thumb:

N2Harpz

Well, my whole problem with this is….. Walt !! Where on earth did he ever get the idea that a mouse was the same size as a duck ?? or a dwarf ?? And if the dwarves are the same size as Thumper…. I know, I know….. different story and I digress, but my point is, Walt must’ve been ‘Alice’ in his own mind and was on all kinds of drugs because the mice in Cinderella were small compared to Mickey and….. just, where’s the consistency ?? No wonder Disneyland and World doesn’t know right from wrong and is getting all out of whack. They were screwed up from the start back in the 20’s.

:wink:
LOL .... I think you are stretching it a bit. Disney hasn't been the same since Walt past on. They went from "fantasy land" to "immoral land" in my book.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah N2H..... I wasn't really trying to stretch it there. Walt was one of my Heroes.

The two stories are hardly connected other than by some common names and words. That was all a smoke-screen to just say that the OP's negligence AND the school's part in it doesn't make it an 'Alright' thing to do. No matter what others are doing or saying... ignorance doesn't make it anymore right.