• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not sure if this is a Summa issue or a Flexi issue

gabagoo

I like the idea of running my vinyl cutter for printed graphics with the blade weight controlled by Flexi as to adjusting it on the cutter itself. I have always done it that way with my old machine and for whatever reason feel comfortable doing it that way...however I have tried a few times and when after changing the weight I look on the cutter and it still has the old weight set. I figured it would change once a new job came through but it did not. The cutter is hooked up via USB . Oddly enough I have always run my Graphtec from Signlab on another work sation with me changing the weight on the cutter... Yes old habits die hard.

Dale D

Only thing to look out for is sometimes even after you changed and saved the settings (blade pressure, speed) , closing and restarting Flexi resets the knife settings back to their default and have to be changed. I am running a Beta and have Flexi techs looking into this issue.

gabagoo

I now realize that it is much faster and easier to just do it on the cutter. Thanks guys, BTW this new T series is awesome...finds every mark no problem so far...very pleased as my old d-140 has been trying to kill me with frustration for the last 10 years!!

Dale D

I understand your problem. It took me a yr with tech support and a beta software to get Flexi to work with Summa to be able to Perf Cut.
We used to use the settings in the cutter, but Once you get your settings in Flexi, it is easier.