• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nozzle check... crap... fuzzies.

Joop

it's been a week since i printed anything, turned the 1604 on today and did a nozzle check. Entire Half the black is missing. Did economy, normal, and strong cleanings with a nozzle check after each with the same results.

CR maintainance, checked the wiper... has some dried up fuzzies on it that the cleaning stick won't remove. Do you think this could be the cause? Also, is there any kind of cleaning solution I can use on the wiper or should I just get a new one? Thanks for any help...

Joop

SignosaurusRex

Craps and fuzzies.....god I hate getting those!
A bit more diligence at the wiper will get it clean. Maybe try some straight denatured alcohol. Looks like you have been neglecting the daily after use cleaning. Try another strong cleaning and then some test prints.....repeat if needed.

The real problem is that you live in jersey.......:doh: only kidding! sorry, I couldn't resist that one.:wink:

SE SignSupply

On the nozzle test the left half is completely blank and the right is perfect.

Head fuse?

I have also personally seen a half channel missing on a test draw. Turned the machine off, powered back up and it was back! Would never believe it if I was not on location with the customer.

leerees

any ideas where the headfuses are located? Would it be easy to replace?

I've already tried powering the machine on and off, the problem has been there for a week now.

Matt-Tastic

its recommended to clean your cap and wiper after a period of use. Mutoh also makes a cleaning solution (the same stuff that's in the cleaning carts you use at fillup) that may also work to get rid of gunk on the wiper.

that being said, wiper crud won't effect the ability of your printer to prime. clean your cap really good as well, run a normal cleaning, and see if there is a difference.

there are some other solutions, but they aren't always for the faint of heart.

Matt-Tastic

typically they go hand in hand, and a soft cleaning uses about 1% of the 400% total ink in your machine. its not a lot of waste, when you think that NOT cleaning it will lead to premature wear, excessive cleanings and parts replacement.

Allied Digital

missing block on nozzle check

any ideas where the headfuses are located? Would it be easy to replace?

I've already tried powering the machine on and off, the problem has been there for a week now.

I too have had this issue going on. I would really like to know about this head fuse thing!