• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Obsessed with work

Fanaticus

You know your obsessed with your work when you do it all day long, then go home and think about it or do work related things, then fall asleep and dream about it all night.

Last night I was head honcho running machines, cutting, printing, dealing with customers and making deposit trips to the bank.

Sigh.

40ounce

You know your obsessed with your work when you do it all day long, then go home and think about it or do work related things, then fall asleep and dream about it all night.

Last night I was head honcho running machines, cutting, printing, dealing with customers and making deposit trips to the bank.

Sigh.

work to live, don't live to work.

Locals Find!

Don't you just hate it when you wake up from those dreams?? You wake up and realize damn I am still in debt and the bank account has a lot less zeros than your dream.

Letterbox Mike

... obsessed... or signs of an upcoming burn-out ?

More like this. Being obsessed with work is not good or healthy, trust me. Everybody gets to that point. At the end of the day, it's just a job, it's a means to an end, be obsessed with life outside of work. Work to live, don't live to work. Burnout is inevitable and part of working, but the more "obsessed" with work you are, the worse it will be, and the harder it will be to recover.

SebastienL

More like this. Being obsessed with work is not good or healthy, trust me. Everybody gets to that point. At the end of the day, it's just a job, it's a means to an end, be obsessed with life outside of work. Work to live, don't live to work. Burnout is inevitable and part of working, but the more "obsessed" with work you are, the worse it will be, and the harder it will be to recover.

Yeah... been there!

artbot

nah... live to work. i can see the spirituality behind the "work to live". but my daughter is depending on her dad. and to me that gives me that extra 20% each day that i otherwise would have just collapsed from exhaustion.

i watched my mom do the same (she was the breadwinner) so maybe it is just the way i was raised?

40ounce

nah... live to work. i can see the spirituality behind the "work to live". but my daughter is depending on her dad. and to me that gives me that extra 20% each day that i otherwise would have just collapsed from exhaustion.

i watched my mom do the same (she was the breadwinner) so maybe it is just the way i was raised?

if your daughter is depending on her dad, than spending time with her is important, no?

not trying to object, but you shouldn't work so much that you don't get to see your kids grow up.

WildWestDesigns

Yep. Both of my parents worked, my dad worked a lot, even had working vacations (which could be the reason for my thread on the subject).

Now thankfully I'm not in debt or anything, so I don't have that black cloud over me, but I do have people that are counting on that money.

If it was just myself, maybe I could be a little more "forgiving" with the unplugging thing, but I just can't do that.

petepaz

both my parents worked 2-3 jobs but mom always had time for us kids, dad not so much, such is life but i promised my self no matter how much i worked i would always be there for my kids, their sports, school and what ever else they need and i still do the same stuff for my grandkids.
i work 50-60 hours per week, i work when there is work but since i work so much i have no problem leaving early or taking a long weekend if i have to. tuesday left at 2:30 to go to the mets game with my grandson and 2 of his friends. so live to work - work to live but just make time for life when you need to!

klemgraphics

I am there right now and it has never been this bad before, gonna take a while for this business to be fun again.

artbot

well, there's a back story. one thing. i work out of my home. so my daughter (arden, 12 years old). is right across the hall from my office. so she "sees" me all day.

also, in the last 10 months, she asked me to go to court for her so that her custody could be switched to me as a primary (her mother objected). so we've been in court all year long. add up judgments, final equity payments, payoffs, legal fees.... it all comes down to me needing to clear about $50k more this year than usual. i'm just a middle income guy so that's a lot of extra hours.