• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Oce ink bags being rejected.

waximoff

I was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue.. My black ink expired 30 days ago, A prompt came up on the control computer saying I can get 30 days more with the ink.. I ordered another bag that day and figured i'd use as much as I could in those 30 days. Well today is the 30th day so I go to put in my new bag and it's coming up as rejected. I checked the expiration on the new bag and We still have 2 months.

Is there a way to bypass this?

Thanks!

waximoff

I did see that video, he cuts off the rf chip I'm guessing. I'm hesitant to do that and have it mess up my service contract..

Zhobov

I was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue.. My black ink expired 30 days ago, A prompt came up on the control computer saying I can get 30 days more with the ink.. I ordered another bag that day and figured i'd use as much as I could in those 30 days. Well today is the 30th day so I go to put in my new bag and it's coming up as rejected. I checked the expiration on the new bag and We still have 2 months.

Thanks!
The only way is new RFID sticker.

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
You also need to buy a new RFID sticker (as seen in the video).
I believe CMYKEngineering float around on this forum somewhere.
https://cmyk.me
You rang? :)

As they original poster found, sometimes ink is delivered that's close to the expiration date. Reasons range from global warehouses and sea shipping to indifference and profits.

The solution is either buy a new bag of ink or get a replacement RFID chip. It's not a complicated process and shouldn't affect your contract because you're still buying ink from Canon, which is what they care about.

Carlos Valencia

Thanks!
tell me more. what model of Oce? We'll do our best to assist you. thx Plottermaster. and Wideformatengineering.

Old Timer

Thanks!
We had a similar situation with our HP. it was rejecting all the ink cartridges. turns out the internal date on the printer was wrong. Once set to the proper date, everything worked fine. took two techs five days and two full sets of new ink cartridges to figure that one out

White Haus

Not a Newbie
You rang? :)

As they original poster found, sometimes ink is delivered that's close to the expiration date. Reasons range from global warehouses and sea shipping to indifference and profits.

The solution is either buy a new bag of ink or get a replacement RFID chip. It's not a complicated process and shouldn't affect your contract because you're still buying ink from Canon, which is what they care about.

Just out of curiosity, how much do you sell the chips for? Can they only be used once?

We've definitely gotten better at timing our ink orders and ordering direct from Canon helps, but when we first got our Arizona we wasted a ton of ink due to getting stale ink.

Ronc

Thanks!
Buy rfid chips and ink from STS INKS for $65/liter

NorthControl

No need to buy anything. Just retime your pc in your arizona, using a cloning hdd process. Set the clock back 3 months or what you want. You will have extra time for ink bags.

Read my post about the whole process, in this forum..

JoDa

Just as an FYI...there's a reason that the inks are dated...and it's got nothing to do with Canon trying to sell you inks.

When ink passes it's 12 year shelf life (they do give you an extra 30 days on top of that), it will start to gell up the internal lines, juice boxes and ultimately the Print heads. You may not notice any problems initially but over time it "will" create issues.

I make the comparison to clogged artery's...you wont notice it immediately but eventually your going to have BIG problems.

All digital UV inks have similar shelf life.

You can pay for chips, change dates, etc... to try and get around this, but in the end you'll pay for it with hefty service bills.

Oce/Canon does offer smaller ink bags (800ml) for low usage customers, but I suggest that if you receive "dated" ink, you talk to your supplier about this...as this shouldn't be happening much any more.

chinaski

I'm having issues with what seems like RFID board. I keep getting "not available" for bag status, which happens with C, M, and K channels. Status will change to "not present" when I remove the inks, as normal. Canon already sent me replacement ink but that had no effect.

Anyone else have such an issue? I'd recently switched inks from Marabu, which used chips, to 257 and reader never had a problem with board detecting ink.

Attachments

• IMG_20190222_120526web.jpg
    IMG_20190222_120526web.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 367

AlsEU

I'm having issues with what seems like RFID board. I keep getting "not available" for bag status, which happens with C, M, and K channels. Status will change to "not present" when I remove the inks, as normal. Canon already sent me replacement ink but that had no effect.

Anyone else have such an issue? I'd recently switched inks from Marabu, which used chips, to 257 and reader never had a problem with board detecting ink.

Try to swap RFID boards between sides, it's pretty easy (but do it when the machine is shut down). If the problem stays on the left side, it's related to the RFID board, cables or inks itself. If it moves to the right side, it's the RFID board.

Does anyone know if IJC 257 replacement ink will work on the Canon Arizona 1380 GT which uses IJC 357 inks? I called STS inks and they do not know if the RFID chip will work.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
It will not work... 3xx is an LED UV cure ink. 2xx is mercury arc lamp curing.
The machine will likely reject the bag based on wrong RFID info.