• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Odd Surface..............................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have a customer that wants us to put some letters up on a wall. Foam core to be exact. However the wall has a decorative textured tile on it and we cannot pin them on. I've only encountered smooth walls and whatnot, except when studding them and doing it that way, but there's no way to stud out a 3/16" piece of foam board.

Here's a close up of the wall in the next room over. You can see, nothing is even and they even used a clear piece for the really small letters. Our letters will be about 9.75" tale with about a 1.5" stroke and all block letters.

Any suggestions ??

Attachments

• entz sample.jpg
    entz sample.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 253

2B

A raceway, you could contour cut the raceway so it is hidden behind the foam core

Val47

I was going to suggest vhb tape?
Is the question how to fix them to the wall? We have a wholesale client that Does stuff like this... If I understand correctly. We produced some printed, CNC for him on ultraboard. We recommend vhb tape.

Last edited:

SignEST

We used 100% silicone for brass letters on bumpy wallpaper. That looks quite raised though. Maybe our methods were a bit crazy but silicone sure seemed to work for a lot of materials on all types of surfaces. It's cheap too. Few small strips of ds tape to hold it until the silicone sets and it was on forever.

Silicone does not stick to ultraboard very well , unsure what type of 'foam board' you happen to be using.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I think Lexal would be thick enough to hold the letters up until it dries, add a few pieces of foam tape so you can sleep at night, and your good to go. If you are providing the material, Gatorfoam would be my choice because it is more rigid, will cut cleaner, and less likely to get damaged during transportation and installation than standard foam core.