• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oh dear another tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

phototec

Your bang on dude, Feinsten wants all guns out the hand of the public, and that's a quote. Somewhat jaded in her comment as she has a conceal carry herself that of course she will have too keep, but you won't be able to. First they will say you gotta have a stamp to get a gun better yet one for every gun. Hows that sound, sounds fair only they won't make any of the stamps. Politicians are crooks, at least these type are, they will slide it through senate, in the middle of the night, hidden in a 1000 page document. They have already made promises to have the guns taken away by Jan 22.

That means the only people to have guns will be the crooks. The revolution will start, they get my guns when they pry them from cold dead hands.

Any chance to reverse this will die if H.J.Res. 15: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

Introduced:
Jan 04, 2013 (113th Congress, 2013–2015)
Sponsor:
Rep. José Serrano [D-NY15]
Referred to Committee

Obam will be president for life, or dictator what ever you prefer.

The devils are running rampid, nothing will be free soon.

Yep, this is how he end will start, first unarm all the civilians, then the president will become a dictator, and take all our rights way, and most will have no way to fight back.

http://www.examiner.com/article/president-obama-could-get-3-terms-if-h-j-res-15-abolishes-term-limits

Except for us Vets who will never give up our firearms, I've had them since the government trained me to use them in Vietnam, and I will never give them up.

Oh BTW, I got magazines, many mags and mostly with more capacity than I carried in Nam....

Back in Nam we only had 20 round mags, so we just taped two together, and that made it easy to just turn them over, got good at it and can change out a mag real fast, under 2 seconds, so it doesn't really matter what size mag they try and ban, anyone with a little practice can change out a mag real fast.

AR-15 Operation 101:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3J0zaOEPk&NR=1&feature=endscreen

:wavingflag:

knucklehead

They won't have any problem killing your ***, when they come to consficate your guns. Then they'll just kick your weapon to the side, and watch you bleed out on the floor.Now your neighbor next door with a house full of illegally obtained weapons, they are good to go, cause they're not in any databases.

Now, criminals are about the only segment of our population that has any rights anymore. So, if they make it illegal to own a firearm, we'll be deemed criminals, and should have some rights. Or, will we? Probably NOT!

Isn't one of the first things Hitler did in his rise to power, was dis-arm the populace?

Marlene

Maybe we can outlaw buses now. Buses kill people. 9 dead. Senseless. If we just had no buses, that never would have happened.

not to siongle you out but all who say crap like this, do you really not understand the differnce between an accident and an intentional act? so if I kick someone to death it is the same as if that person died of cancer or in a bus accident? their is no differnce at all? give me a break, i really don't think people are dumb enough to actually believe that a shooting and a bus accidnet can be compared.

Bigcat_hunter

Paint maybe u should read the ban bill before u post inaccurate info. It's not just 1 gun or one type of gun. In fact after reading fiensteins bill I started to think of nazi Germany. This is really some scary stuff

Mark galoob

Yep, very scary stuff. It will basically make 95% of all guns illegal and what guns are grandfathered will be considered NFA or otherwise the same as a machine gun or any class III weapon. This can't happen, if it does the constitution is now considered toilet paper.

Si Allen

Alternative to Hand Gun under the Bed.

AND KEEP A SECOND CAN IN YOUR CAR!

I know some of you own GUNS but this is something to think about...

If you don't have a gun, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you. Did you know this? I didn't. I never really thought of it before. I guess I can get rid of the baseball bat.

Wasp Spray - A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life.

Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School . For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."

Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades.

It's also one he wants everyone to hear If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray. "That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out." Maybe even save a life.

Please share this with all the people who are precious to your life.

Did you also know that wasp spray will kill a snake? And a mouse! It will! Good to know, huh? It will also kill a wasp!!

CES020

not to siongle you out but all who say crap like this, do you really not understand the differnce between an accident and an intentional act? so if I kick someone to death it is the same as if that person died of cancer or in a bus accident? their is no differnce at all? give me a break, i really don't think people are dumb enough to actually believe that a shooting and a bus accidnet can be compared.

Marlene, it's said because it's a dumb argument to say that taking a "clip" off the market is going to change ANYTHING. Remember VA Tech? I do, I live in VA. He had a 10 round clip. So right away, that new "clip" that some of you think is going to solve the problem, wouldn't have prevented VA Tech. Which is exactly my point. The argument is just stupid.

I point out that people were killed in a bus accident because I'd like to know exactly how someone being dead is any better off for the way they died. The bus driver was negligent. It was HIS fault. HE caused it. If you died by a gun shot or you died by a bus crash, you're still dead. If you honestly care about saving all these lives, that you think will be saved by ANY legislation, I'm curious why people care more about people that die from guns than other deaths. More children choke to death from eating candy or toys than die from gun violence. Where's the outrage against candy and toys? There is none. That's exactly my point. So you don't care about other deaths, just deaths by guns, which shows the true agenda of those fighting against guns.

If you care about life, you care about all life, not just some of it. However, those that fight against guns just care about gun deaths. Statistically, the numbers just don't back up the cause. So many more children die from so many other things that could be prevented, yet those against guns are silent about them.

I've said it so many times now, but obviously, it doesn't sink in. I'm all for fixing ANY problem. But first thing you do when solving a problem is to get to the root cause of the problem. Once you do that, then you can make progress towards solving the problem. However, writing laws that don't address anything other than the symptom and expecting them to work is an act of insanity in itself. I'll stand by anyone to help resolve some of the gun violence issues. But I'm not going to stand by and let some idiots in Washington PRETEND to fix the core issue when they're not even talking about the real issues.

Let's talk about how the bottom class of the economic scale have been enslaved by politicians. Let's talk about how they can't afford to have those that need less dependent on the government. Let's talk about how they ignore getting those kids good educations so they can better their lives. Let's talk about how the government rewards them for having children out of wedlock so they can get the maximum amount of money in monthly checks. Let's talk about all the things they do to make that class of people so dependent on them instead of themselves. Let's talk about the unemployment rate for black youth compared against white youth. Let's talk about all that. Once you start addressing some of those issues and giving some of them a way out, other than drugs and violence, THEN you'll start to see positive movement in reducing gun violence.

Until then, you're just pissing up a rope.

fmg

Interestingly enough I was working on a job yesterday with a good friend of mine who was helping out.
We got talking and he told me that he was a member of the NRA and has licensed firearms at his house.
He had his opinions and I had mine, He was bought up in a different culture than mine.He still is learning about where I am from and i am still learning where he is from.Guess what today we are still very good friends.

:goodpost:
Marlene, it's said because it's a dumb argument to say that taking a "clip" off the market is going to change ANYTHING. Remember VA Tech? I do, I live in VA. He had a 10 round clip. So right away, that new "clip" that some of you think is going to solve the problem, wouldn't have prevented VA Tech. Which is exactly my point. The argument is just stupid.

I point out that people were killed in a bus accident because I'd like to know exactly how someone being dead is any better off for the way they died. The bus driver was negligent. It was HIS fault. HE caused it. If you died by a gun shot or you died by a bus crash, you're still dead. If you honestly care about saving all these lives, that you think will be saved by ANY legislation, I'm curious why people care more about people that die from guns than other deaths. More children choke to death from eating candy or toys than die from gun violence. Where's the outrage against candy and toys? There is none. That's exactly my point. So you don't care about other deaths, just deaths by guns, which shows the true agenda of those fighting against guns.

If you care about life, you care about all life, not just some of it. However, those that fight against guns just care about gun deaths. Statistically, the numbers just don't back up the cause. So many more children die from so many other things that could be prevented, yet those against guns are silent about them.

I've said it so many times now, but obviously, it doesn't sink in. I'm all for fixing ANY problem. But first thing you do when solving a problem is to get to the root cause of the problem. Once you do that, then you can make progress towards solving the problem. However, writing laws that don't address anything other than the symptom and expecting them to work is an act of insanity in itself. I'll stand by anyone to help resolve some of the gun violence issues. But I'm not going to stand by and let some idiots in Washington PRETEND to fix the core issue when they're not even talking about the real issues.

Let's talk about how the bottom class of the economic scale have been enslaved by politicians. Let's talk about how they can't afford to have those that need less dependent on the government. Let's talk about how they ignore getting those kids good educations so they can better their lives. Let's talk about how the government rewards them for having children out of wedlock so they can get the maximum amount of money in monthly checks. Let's talk about all the things they do to make that class of people so dependent on them instead of themselves. Let's talk about the unemployment rate for black youth compared against white youth. Let's talk about all that. Once you start addressing some of those issues and giving some of them a way out, other than drugs and violence, THEN you'll start to see positive movement in reducing gun violence.

Until then, you're just pissing up a rope.

cajun312

Yep, this is how he end will start, first unarm all the civilians, then the president will become a dictator, and take all our rights way, and most will have no way to fight back.

http://www.examiner.com/article/president-obama-could-get-3-terms-if-h-j-res-15-abolishes-term-limits

Except for us Vets who will never give up our firearms, I've had them since the government trained me to use them in Vietnam, and I will never give them up.

Oh BTW, I got magazines, many mags and mostly with more capacity than I carried in Nam....

Back in Nam we only had 20 round mags, so we just taped two together, and that made it easy to just turn them over, got good at it and can change out a mag real fast, under 2 seconds, so it doesn't really matter what size mag they try and ban, anyone with a little practice can change out a mag real fast.

AR-15 Operation 101:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3J0zaOEPk&NR=1&feature=endscreen

:wavingflag:

That loon has filed that bill every year since 2001, who are the idiots who vote for this loon every two years?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.

Dead is dead. It makes no difference to a corpse just how it managed to achieve that condition.

If you want to save some lives it would seem obvious to even the casual observer that you might want to address those things and situations that render the most corpses. More bang for the buck as it were.

To address firearms is focusing on a relatively minute number of unintentional or felonious deaths. But then there's drama in guns, unlike the automobile and other relatively mundane but vastly more productive death mechanisms.

The solution according to the anti-gun folk is to deprive everyone of their rights in order to protect a miniscule number of people. Even at that, such draconian measures will only protect against a percentage of accidental and intentional conversions and not at all against the actions of criminals. This is much like back in grammar school when one wayward student was discovered in violation of some classroom edict or another, the entire class was punished for his transgression. Ridiculous.

I'd give excellent odds that if all privately held firearms in the USofA were to somehow metaphysically disappear any change in the ratio of those currently alive to those not so much so would be so minute as to be nonexistent. Lost in the grass and the rounding.

Harsh as it sounds a life is only precious to the owner and operator of same. It's also important in varying degrees to those immediately around the subject life. To everyone else a life functionally unconnected from there own is merely a statistic. You can choose to shriek and wail like a Sicilian widow at things like the unpleasantness at the Sandy Hook school but yet your life goes on pretty much unaffected by the event. Except of course for any knee jerk legislation that might be surfing the high tide of emotions.

Each life is unique but life is abundant and each life is not special. The question might be, is each and every life intrinsically worthy of everyone else in a society altering their behavior in order to protect it? Should all risk to everyone be eliminated? If not which risks would it be proper to address and which risks should put you on your own? How do you decide while maintaining any semblance of objectivity?

rjssigns

Chew on this:

"For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs".

Information obtained from the FBI database.

fmg

Chew on this:

"For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs".

Information obtained from the FBI database.

Suck on this: 409 shooting deaths in the states since Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting including three police officers shot in NYC
According to the gun nuts if there were more guns these events would not have happened!
This is not about a constitutional right it is about an Ethical one for Gods sake.Wake up people just wake up.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think it's time to end this. We now return you to your regular scheduled discussions of sign making.

Status
Not open for further replies.