• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old Newbie...

Prism1

Another "lurker" converted to user. Signs101... :U Rock: . I have found so much usefull info on here...so a BIG Thank YOU to all who contribute.

A little about me: Been in this business 10 years now, mostly doing vehicle graphics. A 3M trained installer, learning more everyday... Jumping into Digital Printing with Both feet this week....Wish me luck!!

Ken

7oaks

:Welcome: Wehicle graphics, huh and 3 M trained. Hmmm
Fred, talk him into a video on how to put a stripe down a van and around the corner to the back. You know, the ones with the downward curve side panel that also leans inward.:Big Laugh

Arlo Kalon 2.0

WELCOME KEN!!! Digital printing... I hadda fun experience with that over the weekend. Did an Edge print set of graphics for doors of a big new Kenworth. One of most intricate (Celtic knotwork) jobs I've done in years. After applying, I peeled off app tape to discover - horror of horrors - I had grabbed WRONG roll of material to print.

I printed on clear instead of white, all to go on an apple green truck. My colors were horrid looking, but my schedule now looked even worse as the truck was off the road with a firm assurance it could roll out this morning DONE. I regrouped, kicked a few puppies, and re-did it... probably fastest turn around EDGE job I've ever done.

GOTTA keep that dang roll of clear completely away from all other rolls in it's own place... because... this was the 2nd time I've done that! Hoping to have a much better week now.

Prism1

Ah yes...the "infamous" van back corner...one of my personal fav's...LOL. Trying to wrap the "top" back corner is even more of a challange. If I can figure out how to post a picture...I can post a picture of my van with partial wrap.

7oaks said:
:Welcome: Wehicle graphics, huh and 3 M trained. Hmmm
Fred, talk him into a video on how to put a stripe down a van and around the corner to the back. You know, the ones with the downward curve side panel that also leans inward.:Big Laugh

iSign

this is the easiest forum to post a picture... click on the advanced reply instead of the quick reply... give the screen a chance to redraw fully, & scroll down below the reply text entry field to locate a "manage attachments" button. This brings up an interface where you browse your computer for a small sized RGB .jpg file & upload it to signs101! Done!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome!

:Welcome: to :signs101: Ken
From Arkansas
:Coffee:
Good luck on the new venture into the wide format printing world!
Be sure to check out the printers forum if you haven't already.

Prism1

Well....it took a little longer than I thought, but all of my new toys ( Head aches ) are finally here, set-up, & running ( those "Tech Sample Files" look Awesome...lol ). The new office is almost setup, 3 of the 4 new computers ROCK ( no ripping problems here...), and learning more everyday about ADOBE CS2 ( what was I thinking ). I look forward to the day of running Photoshop like I run my Signlab. We used the new laminator last week to put together multi-color stripes ( 4" on top of a 6" ) for a houseboat job, that worked awesome.:peace!: Now...if I can just figure out this "EyeOne" color calibration stuff...LOL.

PS...Dale...you are next on the list for more of my credit card "Thrashing"...lol